Keyword

No play button on video screen

More
9 years 4 months ago #56703 by Simon
No play button on video screen was created by Simon
Hi there,

I have recently installed all video on my website and am having a problem with the play button not appearing on the video when the page is loaded.

I find if I refresh the page the button then appears, however the website is for my guitar school and some of my students can't get the play button to appear even after refreshing the page?? Maybe it's there browsers, however I have tested it on all the main browsers and it seems ok. I can access the video's on my iPad but seem to have trouble on the iPhone.

I use all video on another website that I have and it appears to work fine. I notice that I have a more recent addition of all video on my guitar teaching website versus my other website. I don't seem to have an option to get the "classic" view with the new version.

I can upload a screenshot if you need, but does anyone have any idea what the cause of the problem I am having is?

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #56706 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic No play button on video screen
Hi. No, i need a link to your page. And a specific browser version/platform where it fails. Probably this is a CSS issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #56766 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic No play button on video screen
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me :)

Here is a link to the page:

AllVideo Webpage Example

You'll probably be asked to login so use these details:

username - stephenclark
password - sc177#

It seems to have this issue (i.e.. no play button showing) in all browsers (safari, firefox, chrome etc).

Your help is much appreciated. It makes sends to me that it would be a Css issue now that you mention it. I had a brief go of trying to change stuff with this using the developer tools of Chrome, but couldn't fix the isse yet.

Thanks again,

Simon :)
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Simon.

More
9 years 4 months ago #94868 by Lefteris
You are posting user credentials to a public forum. I hope that this account does not have edit or administration permissions. Otherwise change the password as soon as possible. Now, regarding to your issue, i saw the play button without problems. However i noticed that you are using an old version of AllVideos. You are recommended to update to the latest version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 4 months ago #133822 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic No play button on video screen
Yeah, I installed an earlier version because I was having this problem with the most recent version to begin with. I just reinstalled the latest version but am having the same problem, as many of my guitar students are too.

I have this installed on another website of mine and I installed that version on this website because I was having no problems with it, and even though it's the same version the interface for AllVideo looks different on the website I am having the problem with?? I can't understand that.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help with this, but I think I might look at other options in terms of streaming video on my website. I think I can use youtube and keep it as a private video that only people with a link can access.

Thanks again :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #133839 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---