Keyword

Obsolete: The frameborder attribute

• Luke Douglas
  • Luke Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #133949 by Luke Douglas
Obsolete: The frameborder attribute was created by Luke Douglas
On performing a W3C validation, I am getting the error " The frameborder attribute on the iframe element is obsolete. Use CSS instead." on each AllVideos {youtube} coding.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2ASnEfU7bx8?rel=0&amp;fs=1&amp;wmode=transparent" width="405" height="252" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen title="JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player"></iframe>

Is there anyway to simply remove the 'frameborder' setting complete as well as to add the ability to insert a 'class' or 'id' in the {youtube}{/youtube} code, ie: {youtube}2ASnEfU7bx8|400|250|0|class=myyoutubevideo{/youtube} so that it would generate an iframe like this:
<iframe class="myyoutubevideo" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2ASnEfU7bx8?rel=0&amp;fs=1&amp;wmode=transparent" width="405" height="252" allowfullscreen title="JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player"></iframe>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134031 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Obsolete: The frameborder attribute
Hi. AllVideos is using the embed code that YouTube provides. If you want to change it you need to hack the file plugins/content/jw_allvideos/includes/sources.php. However i suggest to not modify the file. Google has a reason it's still using this attribute in their embed code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Luke Douglas
More
8 years 11 months ago #143087 by Luke Douglas
Replied by Luke Douglas on topic Obsolete: The frameborder attribute
I guess if you have clients that require 100% validation, Allvideos is to be used only for non-YouTube videos since you are using the YouTube embedded code. You should alter the code to change all 'width=', 'height=' and 'frameborder=0' to 'style="width: WIDTHpx;height:HEIGHTpx;border:none;". After all, this is the proper way to code it. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #143124 by Lefteris
@Luke Douglas

I already explained to you the reasons we are using the official embed code. Since you insist, why you don't try to contact Google and tell them that their code is not valid and they should change it?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Luke Douglas
More
8 years 11 months ago #143172 by Luke Douglas
Lefteris,

I have posted this on the YouTube technical issues group but, as you may know, Google really doesn't pay attention to anyone recommendations very much as they are the pinnacle of intelligence. LOL I can say this with all honesty as I have been making recommendations to them for well over 10 years and, so far, none of my recommendations have ever been implemented. I can only assume that I'm the class dunce. :)

More
8 years 11 months ago #143176 by Lefteris
I cannot know about your other recommendations, but regarding this i am pretty sure that they are using this attribute to ensure compatibility with older browsers.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Luke Douglas
More
8 years 11 months ago #143198 by Luke Douglas
Lefteris,

That isn't a valid argument as all browsers support the style declarations that I recommended. Hopefully, someone at Google will see my post and think it has enough merit to forward to their YouTube development team.

Luke