Keyword

[SOLVED] Can't play newer encoded files such as mp4

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #134262 by Eric
Ive searched this forum and it looks like when someone had an issue with playing an mp4 it was their filename, etc..

However I have checked all this and still the file wont play.

The error I am getting when I click play on the embedded responsive player for an mp4 file is "Error loading media, File could no be played."

I tried the classic and framed versions of the player as well, same error. - here is the page that is not working - [url=http://www.***.***/index.php/2014-11-13-17-54-33/repair-and-maintenance-videos/64-gopro-test-1]http://www.***.***/index.php/2014-11-13-17-54-33/repair-and-maintenance-videos/64-gopro-test-1[/url] (User login user- joomlaworks, pass- allvideos)

I have checked the file path setup in the extension manager, and it is set to the folder training_vids which is where I have all my videos uploaded. I know this is right because the older low quality flv flash videos are there and they play just fine when using the {flv}{/flv} tags. (see here - [url=http://www.***.***/index.php/2014-11-13-17-54-33/repair-and-maintenance-videos/34-hyosung-5000-keypad-light-operation]http://www.***.***/index.php/2014-11-13-17-54-33/repair-and-maintenance-videos/34-hyosung-5000-keypad-light-operation[/url]) (Use login user- joomlaworks, pass- allvideos)

But when I try to do an {mp4}{/mp4} video it cannot play with the error shown above.

Here is the source
<!-- JoomlaWorks "AllVideos" Plugin (v4.6.1) starts here -->

<div class="avPlayerWrapper avVideo">
	<div class="avPlayerContainer">
		<div id="AVPlayerID_40bd0030_13863" class="avPlayerBlock">

<div id="avID_AVPlayerID_40bd0030_13863" style="width:400px;height:300px;" title="JoomlaWorks AllVideos Player"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">
	jwplayer('avID_AVPlayerID_40bd0030_13863').setup({
		'file': '/***/training_vids/goprotest3.mp4',
		'image': '',
		'height': '300',
		'width': '400',
		'autostart': 'false',
		'controls': '1'
	});
</script>
					</div>
	</div>
</div>

<!-- JoomlaWorks "AllVideos" Plugin (v4.6.1) ends here -->

Shown above, the link to the video is correct and that is the correct name of the video.

I made the video using Camtasia by techsmith and it codes it to a MP4 (H.264 Video), the file size is 220MB, which is not even the biggest file I have out here and the others play just fine. The video will play on the computer just fine as well, so I am kind of at a loss. And like I said I did search the forum and Google first and chaecked everything that I was able to find where someone had a similar issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Eric
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Eric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #134311 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Can't play newer encoded files such as mp4
Hi. It looks like your video isn't there: www.mminc.biz:8006/mmtraining/training_vids/goprotest3.mp4 . Check again the path settings. This might also be a permissions issue ( the video is there but your server is not serving it ) . In any case this has nothing to do with AllVideos, it's a server setup or a configuration issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #134373 by Eric
The video is definitely there, but when you said check the server permissions that led to the issue.

For anyone else having a similar issue, IIS 6+ doesn't include the MIME type for mp4 any longer, you have to add it.

If MP4 videos don't display when your Articulate content is hosted on a server, it's likely that the server isn't configured to play MP4 files.
Some servers don't have an associated MIME type to support MP4 files. To correct it, do the following on your server:
1. Right-click the site in IIS and select Properties.
2. Select the HTTP Headers Tab.
3. Select File Types.
4. Under the MIME Map section, select New Type.
5. Type ".mp4" as the associated extension and "video/mpeg" as the content type.
6. Click OK.
Your MP4 videos should now play when viewed from the server. If you use a hosting company to host your files, it's best to check with them about adding MP4 as a supported MIME type.

Added the MIME type, plays great now.

Thanks a bunch.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Eric.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134387 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)