Keyword

Does specific ALLVIDEOS module is automatically created ?

More
8 years 9 months ago #145223 by Pidau
Hi all

Does specific ALLVIDEOS module is created when the plugin has been successfully installed ?
Can I use a simple customized module with code ?
I do not know how and where I can download video files on my website.
Thank for help.
(Joomla! 3.4 and all versions ALLVIDEO tried)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #145233 by Lefteris
Hi,

AllVideos is not a module, it's a plugin. If you want to place it into a module you can use Joomla! Custom HTML module. Just ensure to enable plugins parsing by setting the option "Prepare content" to "Yes".

Finally, there is no download functionality in AllVideos. If you want to offer your visitors the ability to download a video you can just add a link to the video in the module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 9 months ago #145237 by Pidau
Hi
Thank you for your answer.

Sorry for my english.
I tried enter {mov}myvideo.mov{/mov} into html module (with prepare content) but not working.
I notice that my video file in media/images/videos is named : mime-icon-32/mov.png. Is it normal ?
When I use HDW player I can download directly (in settings HDW player) my video from my desktop and it is working. But HDW is not responsive and i would use AllVideos.
AllVideos is present on my index.php. The module is read on my pages with a white space at the dimensions of the video. Well, what can I do ?

More
8 years 9 months ago #145259 by Lefteris
It's not working because the tag you used is incorrect. The correct one should not include the file extension:
{mov}myvideo{/mov} 

Read the documentation to learn how to use the tags correctly.

Finally, a PNG file is an image file, not a video file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 9 months ago #145263 by Pidau
With or without extension, working no more !
I know PNG is an image file and I am just wandering how AllVideos can load the video file from the media file without specific file video loading. Have I a problem with Joomla! ?
Normally, are video files appearing as video file in media/image Joomla! ? Sorry for these questions but this is my first experience with Joomla!

More
8 years 9 months ago #145267 by Pidau
forgot 2 precisions :
My video file weight is under the authorized limits.
I added mov in the extensions authorized by the media configuration of Joomla!

More
8 years 9 months ago #145298 by Lefteris
What is the location of your video file? The file should be available online to your server ( or a remote server ) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 9 months ago #145301 by Pidau
Really, I don't know more !
I tried to load the video file in media from my computer. The message is " file is installed" and a png appears with the name of my video. The address of image is mime-icon-32/mov.png.

Other point : the code {youtube} perfectly works. Thus I suppose the problem is just my wrong file loading in media/images/videos

More
8 years 9 months ago #145329 by Lefteris
How did you try to upload the file? Did you use an extension? Usually the "installed" word is used when you install something ( like a plugin ) not when you upload a video.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 9 months ago #145337 by Pidau
Hi
Thank you so much for your help but I am afraid that nobody on this forum has solutions to my problem about getting video responsive feature with Joomla!. As my works have to go I stop here my experience of Joomla!.

Thank you all and good luck