Keyword

Video size much smaller than video player container

• Madeleine Henke
  • Madeleine Henke's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #148471 by Madeleine Henke
By using the plugin AllVideo with the selected responsive template, the video is shown considerably smaller than the size of video player container:

See here:
www.hammer-haustechnik.de/Startseite-neu

Or here:
imgur.com/P4yszbE

What could be the reason?

It's Joomla! 2.5.25 and AllVideo v.4.7.0

Joomla Backend - plugin settings
imgur.com/HgnK8wH

Joomla Backend - embeded Video in source code
imgur.com/aGx79XX

I also would give you access to the backend, if you tell me in which kind of way.

Many thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #148574 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
Hello,

Please add this snippet in your template's stylesheet.
.avPlayerContainer .avPlayerBlock video {
    transform: scale(1,1)!important;
}

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Madeleine Henke
More
8 years 5 months ago #148579 by Madeleine Henke
Replied by Madeleine Henke on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
Many thanks! Now ist works fine!!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #148580 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
You 're welcome Madeleine

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 4 months ago #149721 by Stephen Drewniany
Replied by Stephen Drewniany on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
Hello,

I am having the same issue. I am using the Cloudbase 3 Joomla Template but cannot find the correct location to plug in the code that Krikor posted. Where can I find my "template stylesheet" ?

The video is also stopping a second or two into the JWPlayer playing the video as if it had completed the entire length of the video. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

More
8 years 4 months ago #149722 by Stephen Drewniany
Replied by Stephen Drewniany on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
Hello Madeleine,

I posted a question to this thread, but since you were able to fix the issue using Krikor's suggestion, I figured I would ask you as well. Can you shed some light as to where you pasted that code? Where the correct "stylesheet" is and where in that long string of code I should be pasting it?

Thanks!

More
8 years 4 months ago #149733 by Lefteris
@Stephen Drewniany

There is no correct stylesheet, it can be added in any CSS file that is loaded in your site. Most templates include a custom.css file to allow users to put their custom code without losing it when updating the template . I suggest to ask your template provider.

You have also the option to put the code in an MVC override of the AllVideos CSS file. Details regarding this can be found at the documentation page at www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/allvideos .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Madeleine Henke
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #149736 by Madeleine Henke
Replied by Madeleine Henke on topic Video size much smaller than video player container
Hello Stephen,

it seems you are a beginner, so I want to give you an additional tipp to Lefteris'.
I think the easiest way is to put the the style-snippet in your custom template css which location depends on choosen template.
You should have access to your server files directory via ftp, so you can find your template css near templates/[name of template]/css - where you have to look for custom.css (or template.css - if you change en template-owned css like template.css, you risk to loose your changes during a template update)
Best practice is to google for the right custom.css for your individual template, excluded by an update.
Or maybe you use an standard Joomla template - please tell us the name.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Madeleine Henke.