Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Responsive design?

More
10 years 3 months ago #49089 by Joseph
Replied by Joseph on topic Re: Responsive design?
Hey Guys,
has there been an update on this ? Already purchased FPSS a few times now and still waiting on responsive design.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #49090 by Kenneth Fair
Replied by Kenneth Fair on topic Re: Responsive design?
Hello

Yes, as of March 11, 2014 there is NOT a responsive Frontpage Slideshow that is available.  Which of course as you all know is not good for us.  I also am a new user to purchase such a great program but cannot use the product.

Maybe next year it will be responsive.  My next purchase will be in 2015.  Lets give them 1 more year to get this done.

We all know it is not an easy task and they need the time to figure out how to make this happen.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #54909 by Meagan Hooper
Replied by Meagan Hooper on topic Re: Responsive design?
I would say this product is dead. Although they will still sell it here, it is not even listed on the JED anymore. Without this component being responsive, its pretty useless in 2014. Their silence on this thread speaks volumes...

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #54920 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Responsive design?
It's certainly not dead. It's actually a top seller for us along with SIGPro.

And it was listed in the JED ages ago (like back in 2007) - we deliberately don't list our commercial extensions in the JED because reviews are not accurate. Just check what people post for our free extensions. Most our everything BUT reviews.

As for v4.x, the update got postponed because a) we put more weight on K2 and b) we essentially redesigned all frontend slideshow layouts. Realistically speaking, we'll see v4.x being released around May.

Quality software doesn't get built in a week or two.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by JoomlaWorks.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #54921 by Meagan Hooper
Replied by Meagan Hooper on topic Re: Responsive design?
I see you just edited your post. So if its your business decision to not list your commercial products in the JED, it doesn't change what I originally stated. I personally find that to be a foolish decision as the JED is the number one place where prospective customers would seek out a suitable product.

As for quality software not getting built in a week or two, I agree. But it also doesn't take 1 1/2 years. Since this post www.joomlaworks.net/forum/frontpage-slideshow-for-joomla/12675-responsive-design?start=10#49069 said you were working on it back then. No one from your organization has commented on this thread since that time, so there was no reason to believe that the product would ever be made responsive.

Fotis wrote: It's certainly not dead. It's actually a top seller for us along with SIGPro.

And it was listed in the JED ages ago (like back in 2007) - we deliberately don't list our commercial extensions in the JED because reviews are not accurate. Just check what people post for our free extensions. Most our everything BUT reviews.

As for v4.x, the update got postponed because a) we put more weight on K2 and b) we essentially redesigned all frontend slideshow layouts. Realistically speaking, we'll see v4.x being released around May.

Quality software doesn't get built in a week or two.

More
9 years 10 months ago #55588 by Mohd Hazmi Kasmin
Replied by Mohd Hazmi Kasmin on topic Responsive design?
Hi there..

Any news on this issue...
all the items on our new site are responsive except for fpss.. :(

More
9 years 10 months ago #55623 by Amgeek
Replied by Amgeek on topic Responsive design?
Here is another new user looking for responsive design. PLEASE get us there. Has I know before purchase I would have waited.

Thanks
Amgeek

More
9 years 9 months ago #55823 by Ioannis Toutoulis
Replied by Ioannis Toutoulis on topic Responsive design?
I am more interested in seeing version 4.0.0 right now with the new features and templates. I hope the new features worth all the waiting.

PS: I really want to see a template with tiles.

More
9 years 9 months ago #55877 by Elliot Dean
Replied by Elliot Dean on topic Responsive design?
So we've established that there is still no responsive design built in to FPSS. But is there a way to tinker with code somewhere to make it responsive? I read an earlier post saying this:
fpss-container {
max-width: 1000px;
width: 100%; }
.fpss-container .slides img {
max-width: 100%;
height: auto; }

But does this actually work? And if so, what file does it need to go into? If anyone has a way to manually code it to make it responsive i would love to hear. I have a number of clients using FPSS but will look for a different component if there's no way to make it responsive.

More
9 years 9 months ago #55884 by Meagan Hooper
Replied by Meagan Hooper on topic Responsive design?
I wouldn't bother. Besides tweaking the display space of the component itself, you still need all of the media queries to get it to adapt to various screen sizes. I would look for another component that is still being actively developed. We're leaning towards Raxo Carousel right now.

Elliot Dean wrote: So we've established that there is still no responsive design built in to FPSS. But is there a way to tinker with code somewhere to make it responsive? I read an earlier post saying this:
fpss-container {
max-width: 1000px;
width: 100%; }
.fpss-container .slides img {
max-width: 100%;
height: auto; }

But does this actually work? And if so, what file does it need to go into? If anyone has a way to manually code it to make it responsive i would love to hear. I have a number of clients using FPSS but will look for a different component if there's no way to make it responsive.