Keyword

MP4 no image only audio

More
10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #55139 by John
MP4 no image only audio was created by John
Hi,

I've recently taken some screen recordings (using camstudio) for some how to videos on my site. I had to convert them to mp4 using SUPER but when I upload them to my local server and add the tags in a K2 article, I can only hear the audio. There is no image, yet I can see the player and hear the file.

I'm guessing it has something to do with codecs used in the video but I have no idea what i'm doing. Can anyone give me some suggestions.

regards
John.
Last edit: 10 years 1 week ago by John. Reason: Wrong forum - should be Allvideos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #55153 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic MP4 no image only audio
Hi. Are you talking about AllVideos right? Because you have posted to "Frontpage Slideshow (for Joomla!)" topic. Is there a link to your site demonstrating the issue?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 week ago #55164 by John
Replied by John on topic MP4 no image only audio
Hi, Yes I am talking about AllVideoS and I realised that I'd posted in the wrong forum, and reposted in the correct place. I do have an online example but it is in the regstered users area and I don't want to post access details on a public forum. Happy to PM it to you. Essentially the audio works, I can see the video player, but not the actual video. I think it could be the encoding of the mp4 files (as it's converted from avi) but have tried various codecs and it doesn't seem to resolve. - perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place??

regards
John.

More
10 years 1 day ago #55181 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic MP4 no image only audio
You cannot send me a PM. Just create a test article with a video and make it public so we can take a look. You can also try to search for an mp4 sample video in Google and try to use that. This way you will know if the issue is related with the codec.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)