Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Vertical scrollbar on popup

• Luke Douglas
  • Luke Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #56687 by Luke Douglas
Vertical scrollbar on popup was created by Luke Douglas
Is there a way to have a vertical scrollbar display on images with an 800 pixel with so that the image will display full width yet allow the user to use the vertical scrollbar to view the rest of the image. I have some images that are 800 pixels wide but as some are about 2000 pixels height, it resizes the image to 'fit' into the viewport which makes details hard to see. If this functionality is not available, Is there a way to add a 'view' full image link?
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Luke Douglas. Reason: misspelled word

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #56690 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Vertical scrollbar on popup
Hi. No, your images should be of the same ( or similar ) aspect ratio. You cannot have a slideshow of landscape and portrait images without cropping some of them.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 5 months ago #56692 by Lefteris
Have you tried to change the viewport dimensions of the slideshow? You can do this at the module edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Luke Douglas
  • Luke Douglas's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #56693 by Luke Douglas
Replied by Luke Douglas on topic Vertical scrollbar on popup
Lefteris,

Thanks for the information. Yes, I have tried various settings of the Force Resize but not the thumbnails as the thumbnails are just fine as they are.

I understand the issues involved with being able to fit the image into a fixed box that is set for the display dimensions. However, I'm sure I am not the only person who has had images that are resized to a dimension where critical details are not easy to see. I don't think there is any desire for the developers to redo the code so that a scroll bar appears for images whose height will not fit into the displayable height. However, I do think there should be a 'default' link of 'every' gallery or maybe on a bar above or below where you can have an option to 'View Full Size Image' which, if clicked, would open the image in a separate window which the user can view using the default click to toggle full-size or resized for the browser display.

Here is the image I would like to have viewable in full size, 800px X 2433px:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Luke Douglas.

More
9 years 5 months ago #56695 by Lefteris
I think that is much more easier to add scrollbars. Links can also be added in a template override. In any case, since the official support for commercial extensions is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk at www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard/helpdesk, you will have to create a ticket there ( active subscription required ) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---