Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

[Solved] This is not an image file - ERROR!

More
11 years 4 months ago #46545 by [email protected]
Here is how I FIXED it.
First verify that the GD Image Library is disabled.  Got to the component and click on the Information link you will see it DISABLED.

apt-get install php5-gd
/etc/init.d/nginx restart
/etc/init.d/php5-fpm restart

Went ahead and reinstalled the component which was probably not necessary but wont hurt.

Then check again and it is now enabled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #46546 by donna moy
Replied by donna moy on topic Re: [Solved] This is not an image file - ERROR!
I am trying to upload an image file and I keep getting the error "Not an image file." 

I read the thread above and tried everything to no avail.

My GD Image is enabled, i rebuilt Apache and rebooted the server. Still doesn't work. 

Web server Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
PHP version 5.3.21
MySQL version 5.1.66-cll
GD Image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Upload limit 2MB
Memory limit 64M

More
11 years 6 days ago #46547 by Katia
Official support for commercial extensions has moved into the new JoomlaWorks Ticket Support System.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board will remain public for purposes of knowledge exchange ONLY.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 1 month ago #160623 by john808
Replied by john808 on topic [Solved] This is not an image file - ERROR!
I also just encountered this error. I have two websites with FPSS installed, both on the same server. One site would produce this error, the other wouldn't. Both were running the current version of Joomla, 3.6.5. Permissions are correct on both sites. The one that failed with this error message was using FPSS version 3.6.0, the other was using FPSS version 3.7.0.

I debugged the problem and found that the error was due to improper passing of the file parameter to the upload function in /administrator/components/com_fpss/lib/class.upload.php.

I updated the problem site to FPSS 3.7.0 and the problem went away.

JC

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #160643 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic [Solved] This is not an image file - ERROR!
Hello John,

If possible update to 3.8 as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)