Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

[solved] Images not displaying...

• Charles Simeon Trust
  • Charles Simeon Trust's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #51341 by Charles Simeon Trust
[solved] Images not displaying... was created by Charles Simeon Trust
A few days ago, the images suddenly stopped showing in my slideshow. Everything else shows correctly.

I've been searching through this forum. It seems a lot of people have had this issue. But, I cannot find anything like a solution.

One often suggested option is changing the jquery parameters. I've tried them all. Most of them result in endless circle loading for the whole slide. The few that don't, display everything in the slide except the image.

I've tried re-installing the component. I've disabled every module, etc., that I can in order to reduce possible conflicts.

www.simeontrust.org
Joomla 2.5.7
FPSS 3.2
template: Uncut

Assistance is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #51342 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Images not displaying...
It seems to be like a conflict with an another extension in your site...
Did you add any extension in your site lately?
If so, try disabling it in order to see if FPSS works fine.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Charles Simeon Trust
More
11 years 5 months ago #51343 by Charles Simeon Trust
Replied by Charles Simeon Trust on topic Re: Images not displaying...
Thank you for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, no. I haven't installed any extensions in several months. In fact, FPSS is probably the last extension I installed, several months ago. The only thing I've done in the last couple weeks is deploy the Joomla 2.5.6 to 2.5.7 patch. But FPSS continued to work for several days before suddenly stopping earlier this week.

Thanks for your attention to this.

More
11 years 5 months ago #51344 by Katia
Did you try changing the jquery library handling option in FPSS module parameters?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Charles Simeon Trust
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #51345 by Charles Simeon Trust
Yeah, as I mentioned in the first post:

"I've tried them all [the jquery parameters]. Most of them result in endless circle loading for the whole slide. The few that don't, display everything in the slide except the image."

Thanks again!

More
11 years 5 months ago #51346 by Bungholio
Replied by Bungholio on topic Re: Images not displaying...
Mate...not sure if it's the issue or not but when I try and C&P your image links, I'm getting a 502 bad gateway error from Sencha.  Try disabling the Sencha image optimisation function at the bottom of the FPSS module administration page and see if you get your images back.

More
11 years 5 months ago #51347 by Katia
@rkinney,
please pm access to your backend as super admin in order to check our your issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Charles Simeon Trust
More
11 years 5 months ago #51348 by Charles Simeon Trust
@Bungholio
Thank you for the note and work-around. Disabling the Sencha optimization restores the images. Really grateful...

@Katia
It would be great, however, to be able to use the Sencha optimization. It also still baffles as to why it suddenly stopped working earlier this week. If you have thoughts on how to keep the images while not disabling Sencha optimization, it is greatly appreciated. I will send the admin information. I will also change the subject heading to [solved] for now as the we, at least, have a work-around for the moment. Many thanks...

More
11 years 5 months ago #51349 by Bungholio
Replied by Bungholio on topic Re: Images not displaying...

@Bungholio
Thank you for the note and work-around. Disabling the Sencha optimization restores the images. Really grateful...

No worries...always happy to try and help.  It was the fact that everything bar the images was displaying that gave me the clue.

It also still baffles as to why it suddenly stopped working earlier this week.

Not sure.  Sencha is primarily a CDN and I wouldn't know what Joomlaworks' relationship with them is.  I know that the links you had running in your FPSS were broken because when I put in the absolute path without the CDN call at the front, the image came up instantly which told me where the problem was given that the Sencha call went to a 502 and, subsequently to a server not responding error.  I've been having 'website not available' issues with my own CDN, CloudFlare, which makes me think that the technology isn't quite 100% stable yet.

More
10 years 9 months ago #51350 by Pablo E R Chacon
Replied by Pablo E R Chacon on topic Re: [solved] Images not displaying...
:'( Like a month ago, all the images from frontpageslideshow stop to show, i read the forum and change the jquery as you ask but without success the site is www.di20.com.br/corfocesantia

Please help me