Keyword

[FIXED] Blurry category images

More
9 years 9 months ago #74876 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: [FIXED] Blurry category images
There is nothing more to add. As i already told you the module you are using there is displaying the "Small" image of the K2 items. Ask the developers of this module how you can use the "Extra Large" image size ( which by the way is now sized to 960px after you made the changes www.lcjp.org/media/k2/items/cache/a522a6005d1cb428ea34ef1769cd7452_XL.jpg ) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #135521 by MARCIA E TARUMA
Replied by MARCIA E TARUMA on topic Re: [FIXED] Blurry category images
I can not understand ...
I made the changes to the code as indicated:
  $ handle-> jpeg_quality = $ params-> get ('imagesQuality');
The original image has - 128 kb
I've set the parameters k2 - image size - to 75 (%)
The category is configured to display the images L
However K2 is putting the image in media / items / scr 248 kb (almost twice the size).
And the item, the image that appears is resized 1600 (XL) for the size I specified 1200 (L) - specified in the category and item category as inherited. (I used the Chrome Inspect element) - www.joiasetc.com.br/media/k2/items/cache/eb9b7452cdc806568d2312ea5614a301_XL.jpg
How come? If I chose size L because it is carrying the XL and resizing for L if there is this image?
Also the quality is bad - see the item in www.joiasetc.com.br/index.php/catalogo/joias-e-semijoias/pulseiras-folheadas-a-ouro - on the phone to view and gives the quality loss.
What to do?
How not to increase the size of the original image?
How can the quality?
Thank you

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135528 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: [FIXED] Blurry category images
PHP's GD library is used in K2 (as well as the majority of CMS's). This library might increase the image size if you are using 100% quality. Try using a value of 75 - 80.

Was this image generated with 100% quality or did you change the quality afterwards?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)