Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 Media Manager - Unable to connect to back end

More
9 years 5 months ago #121284 by Lefteris
Something is obviously wrong with your server. For some reason it's closing the connection. Try to set error reporting to maximum and enable system debugging under Joomla! configuration and try again. But probably it will make no difference.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Constantinos Kareklas
More
9 years 5 months ago #121285 by Constantinos Kareklas
Replied by Constantinos Kareklas on topic Re: K2 Media Manager - Unable to connect to back end
i did that, but as you said, nothing changed. How do I fix this issue? What shall I ask from my web hosting provider to do?

More
9 years 5 months ago #121286 by Lefteris
I doubt that your hosting provider know anything about this. Can you easily transfer the site on a local server and test? What's the server the site is on? ( Apache, Nginx ? ) What's the PHP version of the server?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Constantinos Kareklas
More
9 years 5 months ago #121287 by Constantinos Kareklas
Replied by Constantinos Kareklas on topic Re: K2 Media Manager - Unable to connect to back end
server api is Apache and pho is 5.3.29

• Constantinos Kareklas
More
9 years 5 months ago #121288 by Constantinos Kareklas
problem solved. web hosting provided switch PHP from 5.3 to 5.4 and Media Manager works perfectly fine now. Many thanks for your instant support

More
9 years 5 months ago #121289 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Constantinos Kareklas
More
9 years 5 months ago #121290 by Constantinos Kareklas
The only thing I would like to add is that by enabling PHP 5.4 it might have website performance issues and might slow down the website, as per my hosting provider

More
9 years 5 months ago #121291 by Lefteris
First, to make things clear, K2 is compatible with PHP 5.3. The specific issue is probably caused by the specific build of PHP. There are several sites with PHP 5.3 where the media manager has no issues.

Regarding the performance usually things get better with new versions. PHP 5.4 is found to be a little slower than PHP 5.3 in some tests however it uses less memory than 5.3.

Finally note that according to the official PHP site the end of life of PHP 5.3 has reached and is recommended that you upgrade to a newer version php.net/archive/2013.php#id2013-07-11-1 .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Constantinos Kareklas
More
9 years 5 months ago #121292 by Constantinos Kareklas
K2 is probably the best component in Joomla CMS and as I found out today you guys provide very good support. Maybe other hosting providers do not face such issues, and I do not know if this is right, but if you K2 guys have any hosting providers "approved" let's say and compatible with K2 it would be good to know. Agan many thanks for your support