Keyword

No images when displaying articles with tag

• m4573r
  • m4573r's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #122783 by m4573r
Probably I can't find right option to switch or something...

I have articles marked with tag and I want those articles to be displayed as in category view - titles, images and descriptions, single column, only "normal" items. Everything is working fine except one thing: only first and last item are displayed with image. All other items are displayed without images.

Where to look for some options? I was trying in menu item options and in global config and I have found nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #122784 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: No images when displaying articles with tag
Is it possible this is a CSS issue?

Try looking for values that use the :first-child and :last-child pseudo selectors.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• m4573r
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #122785 by m4573r
Yes, it is possible. I'm using free version of template "Favourite" by FavThemes and it's supporting K2. There's even a separate CSS file for K2 with really good description, but I didn't found those pseudo selectors you described. I'm not sure if I understood you right, so I have posted whole file in spoiler. If you could look yourself, please.

k2style.css

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #122786 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: No images when displaying articles with tag
Can you send me a live link so I can troubleshoot the issue?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• m4573r
More
10 years 3 months ago #122787 by m4573r
Sure.

Link

After your suggestion I have asked FavThemes support about this issue and here's their answer:

"The template is not designed to limit in any way the number of images and/or taget the first-child ( this means the first item from a list ) and/or last-child ( the last item from a list ) to show or not to show the images or the articles.

Now, K2 also has a very specific way of inserting images inside articles (K2 Items). The code for the article where you have the image has an image block with specific K2 CSS classes that are the default ones from k2.css and are not overriden by k2style.css of the Favourite template: "tagItemImageBlock" and "tagItemImage".

In the code for the article where the image is missing, these classes are absent, like K2 does not even have the image inside that article.

Can you please try to test if you enable one of the default templates like Protostar and Beez if the images will be displayed? If the images do not appear at all, even when using a default Joomla! template, it means that this has to do with the K2 settings and it's not something controlled by the template."

I have tested with protostar template and problem is still existing.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #122788 by Krikor Boghossian
I can see here: mastertec.webd.pl/czytamy/index.php/edukacyjne/itemlist/tag/Ma%C5%82gorzata%20Strza%C5%82kowska
that several items are displayed with images, not just the first and last.

Are you sure these items (with no images) do not have any specific settings ?
Also which other extensions are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• m4573r
More
10 years 3 months ago #122789 by m4573r
Yes, you're right. It was first and last article, but in meantime other users added more articles. It's curious that all images for those new articles are displayed properly.

All settings - for subcategories and articles should be inherited from main category without any overrides on subcategory or aricle level (I have checked to be 100% sure). All of those articles are in one subcategory "edukacyjne".

Other extensions should be safe - I have used them before with K2 and I never had any problems. I have acy mailing, akeeba backup, breezing forms, dm pinboard and jce. There are also some modules: cookies accept, ga k2 slider and news show sp2.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #122790 by Krikor Boghossian
I have used most of these extensions with no issue, not the modules though.

Can you delete the image of an article which is not displaying and try uploading it again?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---