Keyword

K2 Category bad behavior

• BrethrenArchives.Com
  • BrethrenArchives.Com's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #123787 by BrethrenArchives.Com
K2 Category bad behavior was created by BrethrenArchives.Com
Here is a page on my site . This is the first K2 item in a K2 Category. The page displays correctly.

At the bottom of the content is the pagination. If you click on " End " it takes you to a page that is supposed to be the last K2 item in that category which it is doing, page 18 of the book I am creating online.

However, if you then click on "Prev" (15) it takes you to page 16 of the book, not page 17 as it should do. In essence K2 is skipping the what would be the odd numbered articles. Yet if I click on the Read more... button up pops the correct pagination, but as a series of word links as can be seen here .This has me stumped.

Also, I cannot get the content to be centered in the window. That being said, if I have clicked on the Read more... button, now the content is centered. This too has me stumped. :pinch:

Cordially,
A. Wayne Webb

P.S. And on the first link above I have done everything to try and remove the "More" with the white box at the bottom to no avail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123788 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: K2 Category bad behavior
Could you please provide the links again to check out your issue?
The first one has 254 pages and didn't notice anything strange with the pagination.

Thank you.

• BrethrenArchives.Com
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #123789 by BrethrenArchives.Com
Replied by BrethrenArchives.Com on topic Re: K2 Category bad behavior

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Could you please provide the links again to check out your issue?
The first one has 254 pages and didn't notice anything strange with the pagination.

Thank you.

Morning Yiota and thank you for responding,

The Links are correct with one exception. The "End" is now here .

The Next and Prev links are skipping pages. There should be 0 to 504 pages, i.e. 505 pages, not 253. If you click on any numbered link and then examine the URL you will please note that it is an even numbered link, ?start=0, ?start=2, ?start=4, ?start=6, etc. Never does an odd numbered link show, ?start=1, ?start=3, ?start=5, etc. If you manually change the URL to an odd numbered link, such as ?start=221 up pops the page. Now click on the Next link and ?start=222 shows. Now click on the Prev link and you go to ?start=220, skipping.

Now here is where it gets even weirder. If I click on the Read more... link I can then navigate using the long text string links. I would actually like not to use the long text string links. But then I would lose the ability to leave a comment.

I suppose i could change each article title to Page 1, Page 2, etc., and leave the alias as ohio-archaeological-and-historical-society-publications-volume-xx-1911-page-1, ohio-archaeological-and-historical-society-publications-volume-xx-1911-page-2, etc.

Confusing i know. I almost wish there was a K2 expert here in the United States i could call on the telephone to walk me through this. I have another dozen or so books to create in the next several months. K2 is the best way to present these books, hands down. It is just the hiccups along the way that are frustrating. :)

Cordially,
A. Wayne Webb

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123790 by Yiota
Have you used another extension/plugin to create the index of your book (books.brethrenarchives.com/index.php/home/ohio-history/content/93-volume-xx-1911) somehow?
Do you have menu links that have this postfix ?start=.... ?
Also, what Joomla! and K2 versions do you use?

Thank you.

• BrethrenArchives.Com
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #123791 by BrethrenArchives.Com

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Have you used another extension/plugin to create the index of your book (books.brethrenarchives.com/index.php/home/ohio-history/content/93-volume-xx-1911) somehow?
Do you have menu links that have this postfix ?start=.... ?
Also, what Joomla! and K2 versions do you use?

Thank you.

Again, thank you for the response Yiota,
To my knowledge, no, I do not use an index for my book. What I do use is a spreadsheet, which you can see here . This is the input to Content Uploader Pro . For me this is the best program ever written for Joomla as it solves me having to individually create Joomla articles or K2 items for my books. I can set CU Pro up and it will create the K2 items on the fly, saving me a hundred hours or more.

The only menu link presently in place is the lead-in to this series of books here . At the bottom of that page is a button taking you here . On this page, the lead in to the book itself, I used ?start=... to access specific chapters of the book. Why use the ?start=...? Because I like having the numbered navigation. not the three kilometer text string links.

After talking this thru with you, and it does help me to talk things through, I think I am going to have to remove my "?start=..." links, replacing them with the standard alias links. To resolve long text string links for navigation, I am going to have to rename each article to the shorter Page 1, Page 2, etc. Removing the long article title will give me a shorter text string in the "More in this category:" navigation. What do you think?

I'm using J2.5.14 and my K2 is 2.6.7.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123792 by Yiota
So you actually have a K2 category which includes for each item one page of your book which is generated by the Content Uploader Pro extension.
The start=2, 4, etc. has to do with the items you have set for your category to show. Is this number 1 per page?

• BrethrenArchives.Com
More
10 years 2 months ago #123793 by BrethrenArchives.Com

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: So you actually have a K2 category which includes for each item one page of your book which is generated by the Content Uploader Pro extension.
The start=2, 4, etc. has to do with the items you have set for your category to show. Is this number 1 per page?

Ah hah!!!

Using your suggestion I examined another category I know to be working correctly. In "Category item layout" is where the error was. In the "Layout grid" options I had "Links count" set to "1". Setting it to "0" solved the problem.

And believe it or not that also solved my other problems too. See, your you and i thinking out loud solved the problem.

Thank you,
A. Wayne Webb

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123794 by Yiota
I'm glad you sorted it out :)

• BrethrenArchives.Com
More
10 years 2 months ago #123795 by BrethrenArchives.Com

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: I'm glad you sorted it out :)

Yeah, with kind nudging by folks such as yourself.

One other thing if you would be so kind. If you click into one of those series of pages you will please note the tags. For some reason I cannot understand they do not appear in the Cloud tag at the bottom of the site. Any thoughts?

Cordially,
A. Wayne Webb

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #123796 by Yiota
Check that your cloud module has this category also assigned to the filter category option.