Keyword

File does not exist!

• Lydie Polak
  • Lydie Polak's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #124996 by Lydie Polak
File does not exist! was created by Lydie Polak
A client's website has pdf's as attachments. I can browse on the server to attach the pdf and the item saves perfectly. When I look in the media/attachments folder of K2, the pdf is there with the right size and the right ownership.
On the website, the attachment is displayed but when I click on it, it says "File does not exist'! This is really mind boggling. I can't work out what I am doing wrong! Please help me because my client heavily depends on the website.
kunstzone.nl/editiesenartikelen/edities-2003-nu/item/40-kunstzone-r-12-jaargang-2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #124997 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: File does not exist!
You will have to make sure that your server's php memory limit is sufficient.

• Lydie Polak
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #124998 by Lydie Polak
Replied by Lydie Polak on topic Re: File does not exist!
You're right about the php.ini and memory limit. It isn't sufficient. However, I don't think that is the problem. When I look at the file that K2 has moved to the media/k2/attachments directory, it has the right filesize and when I download the file (with ftp) I can open it and it perfect.
When I directly go to the url (in my browser)

http:/www./kunstzone.nl/media/k2/attachments/kunstzone_11-2012.pdf
Presto: the pdf is there and I can read it no problem!

But when I type in

kunstzone.nl/media/k2/attachments/kunstzone_11-2012.pdf (no WWW in front of the url!!) I get redirected to a log in page of my Joomla backend!!!

When I copy the location of the attachment in the browser
kunstzone.nl/editiesenartikelen/edities-2003-nu/item/download/10_24afeaee39095ccaeab5bdd57f81ade3
it says : File doesn't exist

But, when I type in the exact location on the attachment on the server www.kunstzone.nl/images/downloads/edities/Kunstzone_11-2012.pdf, I can open the file perfectly.

I found this post on another forum and wonder if this is the solution
www.itoctopus.com/404-error-when-trying-to-download-a-k2-attachment

More
10 years 1 month ago #124999 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: File does not exist!
@Lydie Polak

Please make sure that you have not changed the attachments root folder in K2 parameters.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Lydie Polak
More
10 years 1 month ago #125000 by Lydie Polak
I have not changed the path in the K2 parameters. When I saw your comment, I did change the parameter to see if it changed anything but it didn't! I still get the same response: File does not exist. I see this issue on the internet and on this forum quite a lot and nobody seems to have the solution. It seems like a serious bug.

More
10 years 1 month ago #125001 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: File does not exist!
So what's the current path in attachments root folder? If it is blank and the file does exists in /media/k2/attachments then it is clearly a permissions issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Lydie Polak
More
10 years 1 month ago #125002 by Lydie Polak
Well, to me that is not so clear. When I look at the filesystem of Joomla all the files have 777 as permission (due to a very strange construction by the host that is a strange necessity) and Joomla owns all the files. So, where is the conflict of ownership?

More
10 years 1 month ago #125003 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: File does not exist!
Check if you have some "security" component installed on your Joomla site. It may have applied access restrictions using .htaccess files to the /media folder (and perhaps others) in Joomla, for specific tasks like downloading.

Or you have some weird redirect in your main .htaccess file for kunstzone.nl that does not match www.kunstzone.nl. That would explain the redirect to the login page. Of course it could also be the "security" component doing this.

Finally, it could be an "owner" or "file" permission issue with your hosting account. Judging from the fact that your folder is 777, I assume your hosting company is running PHP on the server as an Apache module. In other words, owner permissions are messed up and in order for Joomla to work, your hosting company is so smart that they decided to give global read/write access to your site's folders... I can't stress how important it is for you to move to another host...

Lastly, on a thread that's currently active, for a product that is 100% free, you should wait a little while before posting in the Joomla! Extensions Directory that K2 sucks extensions.joomla.org/extensions/authoring-a-content/content-construction/8061#rev-157188 - This shows that not only you don't understand open source, you also don't value the time of people who provide free support to you. And therefore you're bashing an entire community for what? Because your hosting company eventually sucks?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Lydie Polak
More
10 years 1 month ago #125004 by Lydie Polak
Okay, first of all, thanx for your comment. I will seriously consider moving hosts. As for the Joomla forum, I think you are mistaken. I never wrote that K2 sucks (that is another comment). I didn't state that K2 sucks but that the support leaves to be desired. I have worked with Joomla for quite some time now and always have had great appreciation for people/companies that take the time to help each other. In the past I have given 5 stars ratings often enough. When K2 receives a bad rating on joomla.org, the person that gives the review is completely bashed in the reaction of the K2 owner. I don't think this policy is very wise. It gives off a bad signal to Joomla users, like : "if you don't like our product: then f**ck you, you're a stupid ignorant person". It would be better to take in negative comments and use them to better the product.
Again, I appreciate you have taken the effort to help me out.

• Lydie Polak
More
10 years 1 month ago #125005 by Lydie Polak
Allright, so I asked the joomla.org website to remove my review because I felt it was not just to say I didn t get any help from you. I also asked my host to move the website to a new server. He did. There is no conflict of ownership anymore. But , I still get the same message from K2: file does not exist.
Any other suggestions?