Keyword

[SOLVED] Fields not recognised after transfer to Joomla 3.2

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126831 by Adam
Please help!

I'm in the middle of a (slow, painful) upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to 3.2. The problem I have is that the K2 access level and parameters are not recognised even though they are transferred 100% intact to the DB. It wouldn't be much of an issue if it wasn't for the Metadata information, which is different for each item (the other parameters can be fixed easily enough by inheritance).

I really need to find a solution in order to avoid having to update over 1000 separate categories/items... I can fix the access level issue by doing a bulk change in the DB but this won't work for the individual Metadata information...

I've attached a PDF which shows the comparison between what's in the DB and what's in the Joomla backend.

I'd really appreciate some feedback asap, and have tried to make it as clear as possible in order to make it useful for other users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126832 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Re: Fields not recognised after transfer to Joomla 3.2
Do you find any error messages while viewing or editing categories/items?

Make sure that the error reporting is set to Development, check for errors, then set it back to its current value.

If you find any errors copy/past it here.

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126833 by Adam
I'm not a programmer but I can't see anything obvious in the admin-side debug. The DB query for the category I used as an example in the pdf attachment, id 1 (see original post), does not return any errors. It is the same for all categories/items as the access and parameters values are not being picked up from the DB, with empty/default values for these fields being returned instead.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126834 by Lefteris
@Adam

How you upgraded ? Did you use an extension for that? The params are stored in JSON format in Joomla! 2.5 or later while in Joomla! 1.5 are stored in INI format. The extension you used for the upgrade should have handled this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126835 by Adam
I upgraded using SPupgrade... I will try and retransfer the relevant tables that way, but I'm having problems with memory allocation that I can't yet solve (not even with php.ini or .htaccess) preventing me from clearing the logs.

I will report back with the outcome.

Thanks for the replies guys.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #126836 by Adam
I have just solved the problem of clearing the SPUpgrade history log which has enabled me to do a clean re-transfer of all of the K2 items and categories via SPUpgrade (in case anyone needs to know, the item view has to match that of K2), but unfortunately still no success with either access level or parameters... I will carry on with the upgrade and leave this issue until last, otherwise just update the metadata manually via cut and paste (1000+ times!).

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126837 by Lefteris
@Adam

Since you used an extension for upgrading i suggest that you ask it's developers for help. The extension should migrate the parameters as well. It's not a hard task. Maybe there is a setting there you have missed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126838 by Adam
@Lefteris I am indeed in the middle of that process. I will report back with the results. Thanks

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #126839 by Adam
Solved!

Basically, for anyone upgrading using SP Upgrade with third-party extensions, use the extensions transfer option rather than the database transfer option because the latter method, despite seeming to work (I had no trouble with some other extensions) does not fully convert the format. This is why some information was visible and some not - the K2 parameters were ignored. Here is a link to the SP Upgrade instructions on this provided to me by the developer - applicable to Joomla 3.2

I hope other people find this thread useful.

Thanks all

Adam

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #126840 by Lefteris
I ma glad you solved. Let us know if you face further issues.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---