Keyword

No front-end editing happening

• Sandra Currey
  • Sandra Currey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Namaste
More
9 years 8 months ago #131227 by Sandra Currey
No front-end editing happening was created by Sandra Currey
Hi I have set front-end editing to on as well as using the k2 user login in place of joomla login and have 2 different menu items that are set to k2 categories that display all items I have created in the back-end quite fine but when I log into my front end user (as admin) just nothing shows anywhere thats remotely like an add item.

I know this question is vague, but seriously I don't know where to start, it is causing my community group frustration that they cannot create items from the front-end. I have checked the permissions are all set appropriately too.

Am I missing some plugin or needing to put a module somewhere? Sorry, quite new to K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #131228 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: No front-end editing happening
Hello Sandra,

Make sure you have followed the directions as stated in this post getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sandra Currey
  • Namaste
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #131229 by Sandra Currey
Replied by Sandra Currey on topic Re: No front-end editing happening
Yes i had done all of those steps, which maybe I did not make clear enough in my original question?

The "Add Item" just does not show up anywhere. I think that maybe similarly to K2's recaptcha clashing with Joomla's that I may have a conflict somewhere - just need some clues where to start looking. Templating is T3.

And I did take a snip of the screen but "add file" button below not functioning for me. Site is the-rune-lounge.com. You are welcome to register a test user that should automatically go to the K2 user group to see what I mean.

One thing I do notice is that, using the K2 login, it does give 2 options - My Page & My Account. Selecting "MY PAGE" takes me to the item I have written and selecting "MY ACCOUNT" takes me to my EasySocial Profile page.

The only way I did get one article authored by my front-end acc was to write it in back-end (different login) and change the author name.

• Sandra Currey
  • Namaste
More
9 years 7 months ago #131230 by Sandra Currey
Please does anyone have any ideas out there? without being able to let people write K2 items my site is pointless !!!! Is there K2 experts out there that I can pay??

• Sandra Currey
  • Namaste
More
9 years 4 months ago #135288 by Sandra Currey
Since asking this question, I have engaged a K2 expert web developer. I still have this issue but at least now I know why and have started a new topic. Its to do with K2 and Joostrap sharing a "modal" command.

More
9 years 3 months ago #135806 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Re: No front-end editing happening
I have been fighting this issue form a couple of months and have come to the same conclusing. This link fromm OS Training forum is the key, at least for templates using the Bootstrap framework. There are many of them, including Joostrap and Helix.
www.ostraining.com/support-forum/joomla-support/k2-user-menu-items-missing/
To fix this really easily, I used the custom.css file in the template and pasted the below code there and it made the Add Item option appear. The modal parameters are in the bootstrap.css or the bootstrap.min.css and it is best to not mess with those as it may break the template somewhere else. Firebug really helps seek out the problem.

.k2UserBlock .modal {
background-clip: none;
background-color: none;
border: none;
border-radius: none;
box-shadow: none;
left: 0;
margin-left: 0;
outline: none;
position: relative;
top: 0;
width: none;
z-index: 0;
}

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135819 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello Gary,

This applies to earlier versions of Bootstrap. Since this modal is Joomla!'s default modal it could be fixed in your template's latest version (just a guess).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 3 months ago #135844 by Gary
Hey Krikor! Hope you had a good holiday season and are well.

This is a Helix version of Bootstrap and this is supposed to be the most current version, March 2014, I have contacted the template developer as well and await their response as there is another issue with this. It is a quickstart package so I suspect that there is something else causing grief. I will try just the template install today and see if I can get to the root of it.
Now that Add Item appears on the K2 User Module, clicking on it opens the editor in full screen, not in the popup window, so now the Close button does not function.
I have used the mod I posted on another template using Bootstrap and it works properly, so I have to assume that there is still something in conflict.
I have been working on this with 4 or 5 different templates over the past month with different versions of a Bootstrap framework (T3 and BS3 )and all have the same issue, to varying degrees. It would seem that the template and framework developers should all get on the same page and use the default Joomla modal basics. All of them plug in the same K2 setup but don't seem to test that before the push out the production version of the template.
I will post back what I find. Thanks for the quick response!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135849 by Krikor Boghossian
Actually the framework is supposed to CMS/ Platform agnostic so it is up to the specific dev to implement the framework. The same goes to Bootstrapped WP themes, Drupal etc.

Now the conflict is with the default Joomla!'s modal which is used in J! 2.5 and 1.5. If the template does not support Joomla! 2.5 then they should have overrides for K2 (if they support K2) with this patch.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 3 months ago #135855 by Gary
Template is supposed to be j2.5 and j3.0 compatible.

Just so I am clear - K2 is using the Joomla default modal? Then the template bootstrap implements something different and that is the conflict?
Can the Joomla modal be turned off in favor of the bootstrap or vice versa?