Keyword

Transferring Content from one Website to another

More
9 years 7 months ago #131363 by James
Hi All,

My configuration is: Joomla 2.5.20, PHP 5.3.28 and Virtuemart 2.6.6 (SEF = Off)

The Live Site URL for this issue is: www.ballitowebsitedesign.co.za

The problem.

Background: I recently completed Website for a client only to find, at the last minute, that the User Registration Form is broken and therefore so is the shop and Website.
Now I had already added all the VM content (products & categories) and K2 Items but now have to start again.

I have managed to reinstall a fresh install of the theme/template, with the User Registration Form now working but now need to transfer all the K2 content.

I have taken copies of the specific sections of the database (via Akeeba backup) and added them to the new website via PHPMyAdmin, Import .sql, and although the content is visible and correct in the front end of the Website, when i go to the back-end (Admin) I cant edit any item or add a new item, i just get a white (blank) screen. (I seems like the links are broken)

I see that the content I have moved over has no 'Author' (User) related to it - could this be the issue and if so how do i overcome it?

There is only one user on the Website (Super User)

I desperately need help.

Thanks in advance.

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #131364 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Transferring Content from one Website to another
Try moving all the user related tables as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.