Keyword

K2 undefined user descriptions

• Denzel Burks
  • Denzel Burks's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #131954 by Denzel Burks
K2 undefined user descriptions was created by Denzel Burks
Hello,

I try to add info into the description area and it isn't saving after I press the save button. I am using Joomla 1.5 and K2 version 2.6.0. Please help me if you can! Thank you :(

ps: Urbantopia.net is the website I am working on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #131955 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: K2 undefined user descriptions
Hello,

I checked out your site and noticed that your article pages are presenting an error

Example URL: urbantopia.net/component/k2/item/52-khylie-renee

Warning: require_once(/nfs/c05/h04/mnt/82982/domains/urbantopia.net/html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c05/h04/mnt/82982/domains/urbantopia.net/html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 304

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/nfs/c05/h04/mnt/82982/domains/urbantopia.net/html/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c05/h04/mnt/82982/domains/urbantopia.net/html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 304

- - - - - -

Could you please clarify what you mean by the description area? are you referring to the Intro-Text and Full-Text? or are you referring to the Meta-Data "Description" or Category Description?

Please reply back at your convenience and hopefully we can get this sorted out for you asap. If you would like me to take a closer look, my contact details can be found in my signature.

- - - -

On a side note:

I would highly recommend you upgrade from Joomla 1.5, if this is something you would be interested in and need help with, let me know.

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

• Denzel Burks
More
9 years 7 months ago #131956 by Denzel Burks
Replied by Denzel Burks on topic Re: K2 undefined user descriptions
I am willing to update but I would like to keep my template, will it remain if I upgrade?

I am talking about the user description for the users. It keeps saying "undefined" after I save the description...it deletes all of the info I originally add and just puts "undefined"

• Denzel Burks
More
9 years 7 months ago #131957 by Denzel Burks
Replied by Denzel Burks on topic Re: K2 undefined user descriptions
also why is my site breaking like that? What should I do to fix the errors??

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 7 months ago #131958 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 undefined user descriptions
There is an error with the com_mailer component.

Backup your site.
Update to K2 2.6.8
Paste this error (if it persists) on the Joomla! forums since this is a core extension so you can find a fix.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #131959 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: K2 undefined user descriptions

Denzel Burks wrote: I am willing to update but I would like to keep my template, will it remain if I upgrade?

I am talking about the user description for the users. It keeps saying "undefined" after I save the description...it deletes all of the info I originally add and just puts "undefined"

Hi Denzel,

Feel free to add me on Skype so we can go over the options available to you including

- Fixing "Undefined User Description"
- Upgrading from Joomla 1.5 -> 3.x

The template used on that site is called "Arlqueens" and after looking at the template providers site, it appears that the template supports Joomla 2.5 / 3.x, otherwise we could discuss implementing a responsive framework and giving the site a bit of a facelift.

Is this your website? or is it for a client?

Feel free to add me on Skype and we can look into everything a bit more.

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno