Keyword

Multiple Extra Field Groups

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135358 by Franz Wohlkönig
Replied by Franz Wohlkönig on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups
I hope Devs provide only well-tested Version. At this Moment looking at github i can't believe its Today*g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #135367 by Michael Yaeger
Replied by Michael Yaeger on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups

Franz Wohlkönig wrote: Hi,

on Twitter JoomlaWorks postponing release-Date "till Wednesday". Experience says, it maybe not Today;-)

Regards

Thanks, I'm following @JoomlaWorks, now...

More
9 years 3 months ago #135392 by Mr_Anonymous
Replied by Mr_Anonymous on topic Multiple Extra Field Groups
Seems like v3 release has been postponed till 24th Dec. I hope it doesnt keep on delaying more than that. Its just that sometimes I see high activity in github one day and then no activity for 1 or 2 days. Each day is precious and hope the devs finalize everything and bring V3 to stable soon...

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135396 by Franz Wohlkönig
@mr_anonymous

i see it on github too. But thinking, they have to communicate, making dicisions, try solutions etc. so they need Work, where we couldn't see chances. I#m no dev. but interest how things work, that why i'm looking on github. But priority has a stable Version, cause could you believe how much messages would write here, if they give us a halfbaken Version? They would crash the renomee of theirs Products and we have nothing won than troubles.

Regards

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #135397 by Mr_Anonymous
You are right about that. But I feel like too many things are left for the last minute. Its been on beta for a very long time now but with a very slow snail like progress until this month. But now it seems there are too many last minute things to fix, test and brush up to bring it to stable. I have been testing the hell out of it to try and help the devs speed up the process and help anyway I can. It is still possible to bring it to stable in a week but it would need long hours of work everyday now. Fingers crossed big time! :)
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mr_Anonymous.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #135434 by Mr_Anonymous
Seems like back to little to no activity again in github. For a product that is due to be released in 4 days, the progress seems too laid back. This is really frustrating. Have a bad feeling that either the release is going to be postponed once again (knowing the history) or gonna get a half-baked release. I hope the devs are not taking it easy thinking they have time till 24th to relax. Its not too far and the frontend is not close to being finalized yet.

Sorry to vent here, I have been working over 4000 painstaking hours on my site for the past 8 months non-stop and was about to release my production site on xmas but its all on hold due to this version 3 release headche. The development progress is being a real pain. JoomlaWorks has to seriously step up their game especially when they are planning to have pro memberships on K2 product.. Very disappointed indeed.... :(
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Mr_Anonymous.

• Franz Wohlkönig
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #135440 by Franz Wohlkönig
Hi,

i would never depend my time-plan on dev-time-plans. Too much couls happen, so i have to work with useable tools. And if a new Version is on we all know it takes Time till ist real usable (similaer to a operating system where its better to wait on an *.3-Version).

on Version3 devs where to optimistic about their time-plans. So off course there are now angry Users, which belived devs. My impression is dev communicate now more and precise.

Regards

More
9 years 3 months ago #135441 by Mr_Anonymous
Thank you Franz for listening to my vent :)

I should probably just go with 2.6.9 for my production site then. What you say is absolutely right and make sense. Only reason I was wanting to start on Version 3 on production is mainly because of couple of features that are only available in V3. So I would need to sacrifice that if I was to start with 2.6.9. I've got over 3000 articles to create after I've decided which version I am gonna go with and I literally got no time in my hand which is making me even more anxious as days go by. Once installed I dont wanna be doing big updates on k2 after the production release atleast for the next 6 months. But seeing the laid back approach on dev, I am beginning to think my choice for waiting on V3 was a bad idea.

Thank you again Franz for telling me your views. Sometimes I need that extra person with another point of view especially when I am in a dilemma during my deadline. I appreciate you for writing to me. You are a good man.... :)

More
9 years 3 months ago #135660 by Michael Yaeger
Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

Hey folks, unfortunately we're gonna have to postpone for at least 3 weeks the launch of K2 version 3. We need additional time to perfect...

Looks like it is going to be a while...

More
9 years 3 months ago #135661 by Michael Yaeger

Mr_Anonymous wrote: I should probably just go with 2.6.9 for my production site then...

Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

This means that if for some reason you're now starting a new K2 based project, you will safely be able to upgrade from v2 to v3.