Keyword

Front End Edit within site - not new window/modal

• Matthew Gray
  • Matthew Gray's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #133317 by Matthew Gray
Hi,
I am trying to make the front end editing work within a separate page/menu once a user is logged in. I don't want the user to get a modal popup, nor do I want a full screen window. Basically, I need the front end form to not use the component template, and work as a part of the actual site. How is this possible? I am going to change itemform.php so that the form is how I need it to be, and works well on bootstrap.
Alternatively, are there already any template overrides of itemform.php which are compatible with bootstrap and fully responsive?
Thanks,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matthew Gray
More
9 years 5 months ago #133318 by Matthew Gray
Anyone?
Thanks...

More
9 years 5 months ago #133319 by Lefteris
Hi. No, front-end editing in K2 2.x is designed to work in the modal.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Matthew Gray
More
9 years 5 months ago #133320 by Matthew Gray
Thanks,
I understand it's designed to work in the modal, but what changes do I need to make to change this? How can I implement it, or how much would the changes cost?
I understand the next version of K2 will be integrated into normal pages... is this going to be a simple upgrade, or will it totally mess up any existing template overrides? And any knowledge on when it may be released?
Cheers,
Matt

More
9 years 5 months ago #133321 by Lefteris
You need to hack K2 to achieve this and that's why it is not recommended. The upcoming version 3 will work with your current templates assuming that they do not include any custom code inside like querying the database etc. Regarding the release date, this is something that i cannot tell for sure.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Gray
More
9 years 5 months ago #133322 by Matthew Gray
I'm happy to hack the back end code for the time being until the new version is released... can you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks

More
9 years 5 months ago #133323 by Lefteris
It's not that easy. There a lot of points that need to be hacked in order to work completely right. Some members of the community have already implemented simple workarounds like this getk2.org/community/English-K2-Community/160274-New-item-in-front-end-no-modal#160456 . I would also start from removing the modal class from the links and remove the "tmpl=component" from the URL.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Matthew Gray
More
9 years 5 months ago #133324 by Matthew Gray
Hi,
Thanks for your reply - I've already removed the modal class, but just end up with a huge screen that's not particularly user-friendly. I understand there'd be a lot of hacks, but I'm willing to go down that route if you'd be able to help? If not, when I remove 'component' from the URL, it still opens in a blank window with no other styling and no other aspects of the website...
What do you suggest?
Thanks,
Matt

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #133325 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Front End Edit within site - not new window/modal
What I would do is use a different lightbox engine.
There are lightboxes (the names sadly elude me) that are not regular popups, and will open the content in your page.

Another way would be (a quite tricky one) is to create a completely custom JS script, which injects the contents of the link as an iframe and opens that box in your site. And on the save button you should also add an action to refresh the page after a second or two of the submission.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---