Keyword

loadposition in item seems to make K2 Content crash...

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134386 by Brian
Hi,

I just noticed that when I use plugins like Loadmodule, Module Plant, etc, and use them to load K2 Content Modules, that if I do so on a category page it works, but in an article it causes apache to crash every time... Any idea what could be going on? For instance, I created K2 Content Module, assigned position testk2 (which I simply created in the module config by typing it, it does not exist in the layout) and if I do this

{loadposition testk2}

It works fine in a category view. But in an item if I place that same text, the site tries to load but then I get an apache error. So something is going wrong behind the scenes. The apache log does not tell me much. Also, same thing happens regardless if I use loadposition, loadmodule, moduleplant, etc. Result is always the same. Ideas? I am so close to configuring my site and this is proving to be a mysterious problem. Maybe in items there is some text filtering that is causing parsing errors? Basically, I just need this to work in items like it does in categories.

Thanks,
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134399 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic loadposition in item seems to make K2 Content crash...
Hello Brian,

What does the error message say?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Brian
More
9 years 4 months ago #134414 by Brian
Hi, actually there is no specific message. The browser simply pop's up a window saying Apache is not responding. Then browser window just says page did not load. There is nothing else in the window. And no error in Apache or SQL log.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134425 by Lefteris
@Brian

This sounds like an infinite loop. Ensure that this position is not loading again the item with the loadposition tag as each new instance will try to load again the position leading to an infinite loop.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Brian
More
9 years 4 months ago #134436 by Brian
Hi, but why would it work in category view? Whether I try to do this in category or item view, the loadposition syntax I am using is the same. Thanks, Brian

More
9 years 4 months ago #134443 by Lefteris
This is something that i cannot know. It might depend on the modules loaded there. Some modules may have different output depending on the current page. In any case what you described is probably an infinite loop as i wrote. Try to disable some modules of the testk2 position one by one .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Brian
More
9 years 4 months ago #134449 by Brian
Hi, there is only one module with that position assigned.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134450 by Lefteris
Is it a K2 content module? Does it fetch the same item that is currently viewed? If yes, then the module is loading again the same item which is loading again the same position which is loading again the same item etc.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---