Keyword

K2 & Ark Inline Editor

• Massimo Marchetto
  • Massimo Marchetto's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134458 by Massimo Marchetto
K2 & Ark Inline Editor was created by Massimo Marchetto
Ark Inline Editor is a new interesting solution to speed up content development. You can work on text directly in frontend just with I click. Amazing... but it doesn't work with K2... I there anyone developing a plugin for this interesting new editor?

arkextensions.com/products/ark-editor

PS
I'm not the Ark developer, nor a reseller! I'm just a potential user with 150 websites made with k2...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134465 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
We will look into it . However we have already implemented simple basic inline editing for the upcoming K2v3.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Massimo Marchetto
  • Massimo Marchetto's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134467 by Massimo Marchetto
Replied by Massimo Marchetto on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
I think it will take a long - long time to have K2 v3 stable. I'm Italian translator for 2.5, but nobody has sent me an email to tell me when there will be a new package to translate in Transifex...
I don't think it will be easy or quick to migrate hundreds of websites to v 3.
I think it could be a good idea to have just a plugin for a new editor, k2 v2.5 users will thank you!

More
9 years 4 months ago #134482 by Paul Franklin
Replied by Paul Franklin on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
Dear Lefteris,

I’m Paul Franklin one of the developers of the new inline editor for Joomla which was formally called the JCK Editor.

Our editor currently supports inline editing for Joomla’s article and HTML modules and it shouldn’t be too difficult to extend it to K2.

If you are open to such a proposal please feel welcome to contact me on my email address. I’ll set you up with a life a time subscription and we can discuss how we can partner with you to make this happen.

All the best.

Paul Franklin

JCK Editor
www.joomlackeditor.com
Ark Extensions
www.arkextensions.com

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #152340 by Paul Franklin
Hi K2,

Just to let you know that we’ve done all we can on outside to make it easy to bring inline editing to K2.

We have now developed an Inline editing framework for Joomla. It currently supports Flexicontent and Zoo. It’s very well documented broken down into 7 Chapters and it may not be an necessity to have to modify your component.

See: arkextensions.com/products/ark-inline-framework

If you need anything else please let me know?

Thanks,

Paul Franklin

JCK Editor
www.joomlackeditor.com
Ark Extensions
www.arkextensions.com
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by Paul Franklin.

More
7 years 4 months ago #159255 by Chris Abel
Replied by Chris Abel on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
Any idea when K@ is going to support ARK Inline Editing? I currently am forced to use the Joomla article component because K2 does not support ARK inline editing.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #159266 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
Hello Chris,

We will look into the possibility of releasing such a plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 4 months ago #159270 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 & Ark Inline Editor
Integrating ARK seems like an awful lot of work on our side. I think we'll stick around with JCE which will launch inline editing soon and doesn't require any modification as far as I know on K2's side.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 4 months ago #159290 by Paul Franklin
Hi Fotis,

JCE is currently running on version 2.5.x and then next big release is 2.6.x. If you look at their roadmap JCE will not come with TinyMCE 4 (which supports inline editing) until JCE version 3. TinyMCE 3 is so different that it will require JCE to be rebuilt from the ground up and then this will inevitably require changes to all their plugins to support TinyMCE 4.

Once JCE arrives here it still will not support inline editing, if that was the case then we would already have it now, as Joomla already come shipped with TinyMCE 4. The reason for this is because Joomla doesn’t have the hooks to support it which is why we have needed to build our own inline framework for Joomla.

We’ve just come back from JWC16 and there is now some interest in integrating our inline framework into the core and we are undertaking some discussions on how we might be able to go forward with this. If this was to come out in Joomla, then at this point JCE 3 would be able to start working towards hooking into it.

Where are we today
We’ve already been working with Custom fields which is coming out in Joomla 3.7. This means that inline support for Custom Fields and BD fields will follow shortly. Also I’ve spoken to Selblod and Fabrik last week at the JWC and they have both express interests in hooking into this technology.

We will help
So this conversation is about getting ahead of the curve. Part 1 of this excise is telling the framework what is editable and what isn’t, part 2 is telling how to save and what to do with it, so this will need to be defined somehow. The how too’s clearly documented here: arkextensions.com/products/ark-inline-framework and it’s probably about 3 to 4 days of development time. We will also be on hand to answer any questions you have and help you get there.

If you’re interested I’ll be happy to give you a free professional subscription and we can get started.

Many thanks.

Paul Franklin

JCK Editor
www.joomlackeditor.com
Ark Extensions
www.arkextensions.com

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #159292 by Paul Franklin

JCK Editor
www.joomlackeditor.com
Ark Extensions
www.arkextensions.com
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Paul Franklin.