Keyword

K2 Import Tool Images Not Correct and Articles Show Zero

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #134471 by Eric
Used this tool for the first time today to bring over 240 pages of content for a client. None of the images line up with its correct article, and the articles though showing as active, do not appear in category listings. The only way I've found to resolve this is to manually open each article and save it again, then it appears fine.

Is there a something I'm doing wrong on the images. The CSV file is referencing the correct folder, so not sure what that is all about. And as for the articles being inactive, I'm sure there is a scripting way to update them all at once, but curious why its doing it in the first place. Would appreciate anyone's ideas who have maybe run into this before.

importing from old J1.5.x site to J2.5.27

Looking through the DB, I don't even see an images column in the k2_items table. Not sure where its even pulling it from.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Eric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134487 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Import Tool Images Not Correct and Articles Show Zero
The image is not stored in the database.
You can solve this issue by installing this plugin: getk2.org/extend/extensions/616-iaki-import-as-k2-image

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #134495 by Eric
right, I was trying to say the CSV has the link to the image as a field, yet I don't see that field as actually existing in the DB.

example...

"blah blah","*","","1","0","0","/home/medecoin/public_html/media/k2/items/src/e0a70f72bdae9885bfc32d7cd19a26a1.jpg",

I'll check out your plugin you mention and go from there, hopefully that solves it. Right now its just placing random image in the place of the correct image.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134496 by Eric
sorry, this looks like this tool converts Joomla content images into K2 images. I started with K2 content when I did my import. Doesn't look like this will sort out the issue I'm seeing. Thanks though.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134503 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Import Tool Images Not Correct and Articles Show Zero
You 're welcome Eric.
It grabs the first image and sets it as a K2 image, so you can have images in listings and modules for these items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 4 months ago #134520 by Eric
looking back through my thread I guess I did not make it clear that I am exporting k2 content from old joomla site then importing that same K2 content into newer joomla site. Not using Joomla Articles at all. it looks like I'll have to re-add each image manually. Was really hoping this import/export tool could do the whole thing. It looks like it should be able to, but like I said, the image paths that get transferred do not match their correct article.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134550 by Krikor Boghossian
Yes, I mislead you. sorry about this.
You could ask the extension's developer about this, if it manually zips or transfers the images. If you choose to do it manually you will have to move the /media/k2 folder to your new site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 4 months ago #134634 by Eric
Its ok, I had to give up on the tool, we tried everything we could with the images, we had moved them over independently. In the end it was just faster to manually re-add the image for all 200+ articles. Also had to write a query to update the articles to being publically visible, they were set to 0. So not sure what the issue was, but I could not get the thing to work well at all. Doesn't seem overly complex, but could not make it work and moved on.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134659 by Krikor Boghossian
I am happy you solved the issue at the end.
Did you by any chance change the ID of these items?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---