Keyword

hits counter

• Barbara
  • Barbara's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134537 by Barbara
hits counter was created by Barbara
Hello,
i noticed that hits counter is totally wrong. In some case the difference between this counter and Google Ananlitycs is very much, for ex. last week we published a post that had hundreds of sharing in Facebook, the hits counter now is 329 but Google Analytics count over 14.000 unique view for this post.

But in other posts we had much more visits in K2 hits counter than in Analyics. I know that the best and simple way to go through this problem is to not show this counter but i wonder if there is a way to let this counter works well. Maybe a little difference between this counter and Analytics is just normal but now it seems to me that k2 hits counter is totally wrong.

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134552 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic hits counter
Hello,

Joomla! caches the hit count. That is why you are seeing an offset between these values.

This post will help you get past this. www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/36313-hits-counter-when-using-jotcache

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Barbara
More
9 years 4 months ago #134560 by Barbara
Replied by Barbara on topic hits counter
My System cache plugin is disabled.
I install jotcache on my test site (copy of online site) and when i access the component i receive an error
JHtml: :bootstrap not supported

I search in the support forum of jotcache and find a post on this subject but nobody reply to it
www.jotcomponents.net/forum/6-jotcache-installation-setup/759-error-500-when-lauching-jot-cache#759

Anyway, How can cache affects my hits counter if it is disabled?

I try to refresh page and also view it from different browser and counter doesn't update itself :-(

BM

More
9 years 4 months ago #134573 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic hits counter
The hits counter is really a 90s feature. Don't count on it. It can only be realistically used to generate lists for popular articles and so on. But when your site's cache is enabled, it simply won't "execute" all the time as the pages generated by Joomla are already prebuilt and stored as static html. No PHP is executed in this case, that's why the hits counter is not properly working.

This is the reason why tools like Google Analytics are popular. They use JavaScript to capture statistics. Joomla uses PHP for that. But when the cache is on, PHP doesn't execute everywhere (so to speak).

By the way, you don't need JotCache. Joomla's cache is just fine.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Barbara
More
9 years 4 months ago #135103 by Barbara
Replied by Barbara on topic hits counter
Thanks for your explanation, in my research i join the same conclusion and took this value off as it isn't realistic.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #135116 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic hits counter
You 're welcome Barbara

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---