Keyword

K2 Blog Styling

• Shawn Scanlan
  • Shawn Scanlan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #134624 by Shawn Scanlan
K2 Blog Styling was created by Shawn Scanlan
Hi Folks!

I'm working on a site using the Mistral template from Arrowthemes. Here's my situation:

In the Menu Manager, one can create a new menu item and select "K2 | Latest items from (one or more) users or categories", the result of which is a beautifully styled blog on a new page. Nice. Exactly the look I want!

I'd like the above to appear, with all the beautiful styling, in a module position on the (already customized) home page. How do I do that? All attempts have resulted in a minimally styled result like so:

I posted this request on the Arrowthemes support site and was told that what I want to achieve is not possible. I find that a tough pill to swallow! This is just a matter of options and CCS (which already exists, given the first screenshot), no?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #134656 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Blog Styling
The only way you could achieve a similar layout in a module is by using a K2 Content module.

You should Arrowthemes ask if there is a template for this module available.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Shawn Scanlan
  • Shawn Scanlan's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #135180 by Shawn Scanlan
Replied by Shawn Scanlan on topic K2 Blog Styling
The official reply from Joel at Arrowthemes is:

For you to achieve what you are asking would mean to hire a developer who understand not only K2 classes/variables/code, but also Joomla code. Simply put this goes beyond the scope of our support.

I do wish they'd extend the styling of the components comprising the K2 blog main page to the individual K2 blog modules, but I completely understand what he's saying... it's just not included in the template and it's not a small deal to make it work the way I want. Such is life.

Joel is still great to deal with ;)

So... moving on... can anyone recommend a developer who fits the above description?

Thanks,
-Shawn

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #135228 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Blog Styling
I think you should post this in a seperate post as a job listing so devs on this forum will respond.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)