• Brian Holdsworth
  • Brian Holdsworth's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #135371 by Brian Holdsworth
Word Limit Glitch was created by Brian Holdsworth
Running:
Joomla 2.5.27
K2 2.6.9

I'm running a website with multiple categories with a master category that most of the other categories derive their parameter settings from. On the home page of the site, I'm using the content module to display teasers of items getting pulled from multiple categories. The module (as well as the rest of the site where items are displayed in a category listing) seems to be using a word limit on the intro text but I don't remember setting that anywhere and when I edit it in the module or the category, it doesn't change anything. What's stranger still is that the items on the home page seem to be cutoff randomly. That is, they all seem to have different word/character counts.

A little extra context: The site is using Falang to translate k2 items as well as the rest of the content. It also has k2store running along side it.

The site is: www.colf.ca

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brian Holdsworth
More
9 years 4 months ago #135372 by Brian Holdsworth
Replied by Brian Holdsworth on topic Word Limit Glitch
Another interesting note is that I tried using a module override with my template for the content module by adding this code in place of the normal intro text code:

<?php if($params->get('itemIntroText')): ?>
<?php echo K2HelperUtilities::wordLimit($item->introtext,200); ?>
<?php endif; ?>

This is an attempt to hard code the intro text word limit to 200. What happens is that wordlimit stays at it's current maximum amount but if change the value above to say 10 words, it will reduce the words below that but if I increase it to something like 200 they will increase but only a little and each item seems to have it's own maximum that it won't go beyond.

More
9 years 4 months ago #135389 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Word Limit Glitch
Hi. If you are using the K2 content module, you can find the word limit option in the module edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Brian Holdsworth
More
9 years 4 months ago #135403 by Brian Holdsworth
Thanks. I've tried that and it doesn't change anything. Neither does it affect anything when I use that setting in the Category parameters...

More
9 years 3 months ago #135415 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Word Limit Glitch
Just tested and everything worked fine. Are you sure you are using the K2 content module? Are you sure you are editing the correct module instance?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Brian Holdsworth
More
9 years 3 months ago #135426 by Brian Holdsworth
Sorry, I'm confused by your reply. What do you mean it worked fine? The website does work, but the problem is that the module on the homepage is forcing a word/character limit that I haven't set. Yes, I'm editing the correct instance of the module. The issue goes beyond the module because on pages that are showing items from a category, it occurs there too. It's happening throughout the site, not just on the module, but I'm trying to see if I can at least get the module to work.