Keyword

Setting up K2 with community builder

• Shane Tassinari
  • Shane Tassinari's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #141614 by Shane Tassinari
Setting up K2 with community builder was created by Shane Tassinari
I've been searching around and trying to set up k2 on a new site i am working on. The problem i am running into is, setting up a main page for the blogs and have registered users being able to add articles from the front end of the site. I was watching set up videos, and one mentioned that k2 has its own profile and login mods. I looked in my mod manager and didn't see any k2 user mod which the video said it needed to login users to work in k2.

So this tells me that ether it was taken out in an update and you no longer need it or it was missing from my installation.

Ideally I would like it to use our community builder log in and profiles, so we don't have to have users have to sign in multiple times on one site.

If anyone could tell me how to integrate k2 on a community builder site or a link to information on how to configure it properly. I've been bouncing around the web for a few hours with out getting any real answers. Is there a plug in? or a script, i can work around most of the limitations but my biggest issue is setting it up so users can create articles on the front end of the site. I have gone through and set all the permissions to the right user groups with in k2 settings. its getting k2 to let logged in users (using community builder log in currently) add items from the front end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #141635 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Setting up K2 with community builder
Hello,

K2 has it's own login module (mod_k2_user) . All other login modules will work as well. K2's module offers more K2 related options.

Finally K2's profile pages can be disabled from K2's parameters.

K2 Login was the old module which was removed some time ago.

As for the front-end editing this post will help you getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.