Keyword

Missing K2 Dashboard

• Thyme Wisper
  • Thyme Wisper's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142489 by Thyme Wisper
Missing K2 Dashboard was created by Thyme Wisper
I am just setting up K2 for the first time - wanting it for my upgraded Joomla! 3.4 site. I have been looking at tutorials to attempt to set up and use.

Different tutorials show using the K2 Dashboard, which I don't have. I saw one tutorial go through installation and set up and showed the two administration modules - K2 stats and K2 icons. It was shown that they needed to be enabled. So I checked, found the modules and set them to be published and saved. When I go into the modules, it clearly shows the green published buttons for each. But in the modules listing, it does not have the green checkmark. Instead it has the round red circle. And I still do not have the K2 dashboard when I go to the control panel. I do have the dropdown menu.

Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142524 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Missing K2 Dashboard

Instead it has the round red circle.

Click on that circle to enable this module :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Thyme Wisper
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142544 by Thyme Wisper
Replied by Thyme Wisper on topic Missing K2 Dashboard
Krikor, thank you. I should have stated that I have been the administrator of my own joomla site since Joomla version 1.5 in 2011. I also upgraded from 1.5 to 2.5 later. And now I am on 3.4.1. So I do know about how to enable a module. I was tired and frustrated when I posted (which is no excuse, I know) after trying to figure out why it would not enable. Clicking on the red dot or selecting (checkmarking) and then clicking on publish gives a message that the module successfully published. However, it obviously did not.

I thought it might be a permissions problem, but when I opened the module in module manager and checked permissions for administrator, the 'green allowed' shows up for all actions.

I then thought that it was the .htaccess file that is created using Admin Tools. So I added the directory modules/mod_k2_quickicons to the list in the field for 'Allow direct access, including .php files, to these directories'

Still not working. I need to do the same for my backend with the K2 stats module, but figured that how to do that will be the same process that enables the K2 Quick Icons. Whatever that process is to get it working...

Any ideas of what else I can do to get the K2 Dashboard?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142592 by Krikor Boghossian
Are you able to publish items, categories etc?
You could try reinstalling K2 on top.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Thyme Wisper
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142636 by Thyme Wisper
Yes, I can publish and edit items and categories. Before I imported my Joomla articles (after I discovered I could not enable the two administration modules), I reinstalled K2. I was at the correct version from the beginning, so it was still the same version of K2 that I reinstalled. Still could not enable the modules when I published them. Then I checked whether I could add user group, users, items and catergories, and I could. So I reinstalled again. Still no luck. After the last reinstall I tried to find out what other possibilities were causing my problem, which is when I joined this forum and created this topic. Since everything else is working in K2, it seems to be only related to these modules for the administrator. I am able to enable the site modules - for example the K2 content module.

I decided to now work on the K2 content for the site and hope that I can find a solution to the administration side eventually. The menu (components) does work, so I access K2 that way. But eventually I would like the quick icons and more importantly, the stats in my control panel. And with a new software, it is also the principle. It is supposed to work. I feel like I have a crippled K2.

I was hoping that someone else has had this problem and thus searched the forum looking for how they solved it. Since I could not find a reference to the problem in this forum, I started this topic. I am suspecting that this is either a Joomla 3.4.1 problem, or a Admin Tools problem. And if so, no one else has had the problem where they reported it here.

So I will look for help elsewhere.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142645 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Missing K2 Dashboard
Do you see the proper Joomla 3.4.1 admin template? Or does it looks like Joomla 2.5's?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Thyme Wisper
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142652 by Thyme Wisper
Fotis, yes. The administration template is the protostar. Thus the control panel has the "quick icons" on the left with black and white icons (like favicons) in front of each title of the "quick link". From watching the tutorials for K2 on Joomla 3, I know that the K2 quick icons will be like what Joomla 2.5 had - big squares - but will be located under the stats (logged in users, popular articles, etc.). Would be nice if they were instead like the Joomla quick icons and on the left, but I would be happy with any form right now.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142698 by Krikor Boghossian
Is it possible to send me credentials to check out the admin area?
Please use the contact form. www.joomlaworks.net/support/contact

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---