Keyword

K2 Items not resolving to correct template

• Joseph Rebele
  • Joseph Rebele's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142545 by Joseph Rebele
K2 Items not resolving to correct template was created by Joseph Rebele
Folks,

I have an issue with K2 not resolving to the proper template. I am using the template from yootheme called revista. This template has multiple profiles. The main site is www.nphic.org. Within this site I have a menu item, www.nphic.org/members-area/cdc-nphic-call-documents/hp-calls that displays a category blog of K2 items from one specific category. When you click on any of the K2 items that are displayed on this page, it returns a blank page and switches to a different template within my site. It appears that I am not returning the K2 item to the proper template. What is the best way to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142588 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Items not resolving to correct template
Hello Joe,

Your items resolve to this URL www.nphic.org/t-membersarea/cdc-nphic-call-documents/hp-calls/item/8129-measles-outbreak-tb-tobacco-trucker-safety

The t-membersarea/ prefix is it another menu item? The same template should be assigned to these menu items as well.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Joseph Rebele
  • Joseph Rebele's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142598 by Joseph Rebele
Replied by Joseph Rebele on topic K2 Items not resolving to correct template
Krikor,

Thanks for the reply! I have one template, yootheme-revista. I have a number of profiles within that template to change my site look depending upon the area I am in. When I go to www.nphic.org / MEMBER SERVICES / Health Promotion, it launches a K2 Category Blog for the K2 category Health Promotion. That is all in the template profile, NPHIC. All the K2 items return in the correct template. When I click on any of the K2 items on this screen, it is resolving to t-membersarea as you noted. t-membersarea is a menu item of type text-selector in my Toolkit template profile.

That is where I'm stuck. I don't understand how K2 is deciding on what to resolve the item display to and how to change it. In the template, I have all the menu items checked for the NPHIC profile.

I'd be happy to engage you folks to look at it if that helps at all. This is the biggest struggle that I have with K2. Especially when I create hyperlinks to K2 items. I pretty much have to put everything in a menu item so I can control the template that displays.

I hope this helps! I really, really appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Joe

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142609 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Items not resolving to correct template
To be honest, this is how Joomla! works.
A new template can be assigned only to menu items. This means that the category which the item is attached to must have that Joomla! template assigned to it as well.

Once you map your K2 categories into menu items and assign the proper Joomla! templates the issue will be resolved.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)