Keyword

Editing item: Selection based tagging does not work

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142806 by Ari
I have created a number of tags. From K2 Parameters (K2 Parameters -> Advanced -> Tag System Settings) I have chosen to use the Selection-based tagging.

When I go edit any item and click into the textfield just below the label Available tags, a popup-list appears, listing correctly all tags. By selecting any tag, it will appear as a gray-bordered little box within the textfield.

So far so good.

However, when I click the button Add >>, nothing happens. The tag will not show on the right hand textfield Selected tags.

I have tried different options from Tag System Settings (Lock tags, Allow item filtering by tag, Tag normalization, Tag character case), but nevertheless, I cannot tag items.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142818 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Editing item: Selection based tagging does not work
Hello,

Open your browser's developer tools and check under the console tab for any errors.
You might need to reload the site to see the error.

Also make sure that Joomla! and K2 are up to date.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142862 by Ari
No errors are shown with developer tool nor firebug.

Versions: K2 v2.6.9, Joomla! 3.4.1.

More
8 years 10 months ago #144950 by Nick Wilmot
Replied by Nick Wilmot on topic Editing item: Selection based tagging does not work
Ari, did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem also.

Nick

More
8 years 10 months ago #144955 by Ari
"Yes" and no.

As there was no solution at hand, I coded a simple quick and dirty php script which allows the tagging by simply

1) selecting K2 item from list

2) selecting the tags by ticking the corresponding checkbox(es)

3) pressing save.

Authentication is done by basic auth - quick and dirty there as well. :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #144957 by Nick Wilmot
Replied by Nick Wilmot on topic Editing item: Selection based tagging does not work
Thanks for your fast response Ari!

How frustrating - I'm new to K2 but seems the development is a bit on the slow side - this is core functionality isn't it?

Would you be willing to share your script Ari?

Nick

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #144976 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Editing item: Selection based tagging does not work
Please do not double-post.
This has been resolved in the dev version.
You can find it here: getk2.org/assets/get/

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 8 months ago #146229 by Nick Wilmot
Thanks for this. As this site is about to go into production, I can't afford for my client to have any more UI quirks. Can you tell me what specific files need to be updated to resolve this issue so I can just patch it for now?

More
8 years 8 months ago #146242 by Lefteris
@Nick Wilmot

You should not have issues with the development version. Otherwise i am afraid that you will have to wait for the next release. All the commits are listed at github.com/joomlaworks/k2/commits/master but applying only one of them might break the extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 8 months ago #146269 by Nick Wilmot
Thanks for the update.

If there are no issues with the development version, it begs the question why it can't be released as the latest stable version!? I'm very reluctant to launch a site on beta software.

As someone new to K2 it seems as if development of the extension isn't a priority. Visiting getk2.org you could be forgiven for thinking the whole project was dead in the water - the last blog post on the homepage was early 8 months ago!

Beginning to wonder if committing a client to the long-term on K2 was a mistake?