Keyword

White Page/No images

• Steve Hare
  • Steve Hare's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 day ago - 9 years 1 day ago #143274 by Steve Hare
White Page/No images was created by Steve Hare
I have a web site that is VERY, VERY slow. I have spent several years trying to fix it and even paid experts to find the problem and resolve it. I upgraded to a VPS and nothing did the trick so I am now rebuilding the site.

Original: www.ohiovarsity.com
New: new.ohiovarsitybasketball.com

I have run into two issues:

1. Images are not showing up on the front page but the do appear on the individual item page. The images were entered using K2.
2. In the backend, I'm getting a white page when I try to add a new item or open a current item.

More info:

Item 1:
-No front pages images are appearing, even the ones in the module to the left of the page which pulls the items from K2.
-I have compared all my settings in the new site to the old site to be sure everything is the same.

Item 2:
-I use K2 Additional Categories and have tried both with it installed and uninstalled. I experience the white page in both instances.

The screenshot shows the new site on the left with no photos and the old site on the right the way it should appear. Again, when I click on an individual item it does appear.

http://i.imgur.com/B2OlhgX.png?1
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by Steve Hare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 11 months ago #143330 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic White Page/No images
You need to upload the item's main image through K2's image tab.
If you don't it will get stripped if you are using a word/ character limit.
This behaviour cannot be changed or overriden.

Now, as for the white page. This indicates a PHP error, in order to see the exact error you need to enable error reporting and set it to "development" from your site's global configuration. Once you see it, paste it here so we can work something out.

Finally, as for speed make sure that caching is turned on.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.