Keyword

Edit Item: browse server / symbolic link

• Antoine van Kampen
  • Antoine van Kampen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #143715 by Antoine van Kampen
Edit Item: browse server / symbolic link was created by Antoine van Kampen
Hi,

I just installed K2 and have no experience with K2. In Edit Item i am trying to load an item image from the image tab by selecting browse server. This shows all directories and images in the joomla/images directory. However, in the images directory i also made a softlink with 'ln -s Data /home/data' which points to my data directory where I keep all my images.

The standard Joomla Media Server allows me to go and browse through this data directory for selection of images. However, the K2 Browser Server doesn't see/recognize this link (it is not shown in the selection window). How can i fix this?

Antoine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #143744 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Edit Item: browse server / symbolic link
Hi,

You cannot use symlinks. You can however set the media manager to look to a different directory. K2 media manager will use the path you enter on the core media manager ( com_media ) settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Antoine van Kampen
  • Antoine van Kampen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #143765 by Antoine van Kampen
Replied by Antoine van Kampen on topic Edit Item: browse server / symbolic link
Thanks. Instead of a symbolic link I now use 'mount' to mount my Data directory. Now from the K2 media manager I can access my \Data directory but after clicking three levels deep it automatically returns to \Data. I have no idea what is causing this behavior. But if my images are not buried deep in a folder structure I can now access them.
a