Keyword

Very overwhelmed by using Joomla

More
8 years 10 months ago #144332 by TBoy
Very overwhelmed by using Joomla was created by TBoy
Hello,

I am new to Joomla and all the online programming stuff (HTML, CSS etc). I use the RocketTheme Chimera version 1.3 template for my website but I'm having a helluva time getting all the photo sizes of items in the category pages to match. Obviously this also applies to the product page, which displays all the items.

I want to know if there is a way to set all the image place holders to one size then I can simply resize my item images to fit inside it? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #144341 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Very overwhelmed by using Joomla
I think this question should be addressed to the template's developer.
Since we do not know how the template is setup, we cannot offer any assistance in the setup.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #144348 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Very overwhelmed by using Joomla
I ran into a problem like this the other day when doing an override for a k2 category.

@Krikor, please correct me if i am wrong.

When k2 resizes the images they will all be the same width, and doing the resize and constraining the proportions they will turn out with different heigths unless you size them all the same before uploading them.

I have use a css height tag in the wrapper around the image to make the all the same, making it taller than any of the images would end up. I did this to keep the extra fields from wrapping under the image (if the images were too short) when placing the extra fields on the left and floating the images to the right.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #144351 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Very overwhelmed by using Joomla
You are right William, K2 only affects the width.
But since the width can also be controlled by CSS min/ max-width attributes in the template it is better to consult with the template's developer.

In certain templates simply resizing your image from K2's parameter won't work, hence my previous answer.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)