Keyword

Newly created K2 Items are not automatically appending the I

• Joseph Graham
  • Joseph Graham's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #146918 by Joseph Graham
Newly created K2 Items are not automatically appending the Itemid to Non-SEF url's

Hey guys, for some reason when I create a new K2 Item under any of the K2 categories and save it, the Itemid is not getting appended to the Non-SEF url.

Good Example: (What I want and the way is as been)
This is a normal Non-SEF url : index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=714&id=598&lang=en& view=item
And here is what the URL looks like: www.globaltalentlist.com/artist/mrjorie-cruzat (***notice that the sidebar and aside 1 & aside 2 are visible***)

Bad Example: (What is happening and I don't want)
This k2 Item was added today and is what's happening now to the Non-SEF url : index.php?option=com_k2&id=2212&lang=en&view=item (***notice that the &Itemid=714 is missing*** )

And here is what the URL looks like: www.globaltalentlist.com/artist/remi-odunsi-mua (***notice that the sidebar and aside 1 & aside 2 are missing because the &Itemid=714 was not automatically appended to the Non-SEF url when it was saved.****)

The only solution that I found to resolve this is to manually add the missing itemid to the specific item via the database.

Do you know why this is happening and how I can fix it.

Thank you
Joseph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #146954 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Newly created K2 Items are not automatically appending the I
Hello Joseph,

Is the artist category mapped in a menu item? www.globaltalentlist.com/artist does not give me any results.

In order to properly control your modules, your K2 content (categories) need to mapped in menu items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Joseph Graham
  • Joseph Graham's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #146961 by Joseph Graham
I don't understand why you went to the artist menu, the problem is that newly created K2 Items are not appending the correct category ID to the Non-SEF url to for that particular category.

So if i create a new k2 Item in the Artist Category and save it.
Then the Non-SEF url should look like this: index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=714&id=598&lang=en& view=item

but instead it is looks like this: index.php?option=com_k2&id=2212&lang=en&view=item

***NOTICE***
that the &Itemid=714 is missing from the Non-SEF url (714 is the category ID for the K2 category Artist) so any K2 Item that gets created under the category Artist should get the &Itemid=714 appended to its Non-SEF url

That is why why you go to www.globaltalentlist.com/artist/remi-odunsi-mua you will see that it has a left side module is missing and the two right side modules are also missing

And if you go to www.globaltalentlist.com/artist/mrjorie-cruzat you will see that it has a left side module and two right side modules. (this is the way it is suppose to look.)

Do you understand what the problem is now?

Joseph

Bu

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147004 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Newly created K2 Items are not automatically appending the I
What is your menu structure?
the itemid is the menu item's id. If the category is not mapped to a menu item, the item will not inherit it's menu item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)