Keyword

Need to gain more control over some user settings

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #149589 by Sean Carney
I have a problem that might be complicated by the fact that we are not using K2 for users management.

Basically I have a user who I have given administrator and publisher settings to but that person still can't do a couple K2 tasks that I need them to be able to do. First, the user is NOT able to change the "Author" of a K2 item. I wanted this user to change the Author to another account which is a super user. Maybe that is not a great idea? But, is that also not possible? I also wanted this new user to be able to create tags. Can you point me to the place where I might be able to get more granular control? I have not created a K2 User Group because I am using EasySocial for the login management of this site.

Also, I did create a K2 user group in which I intended to really open up the K2 permissions but I believe that all of my users where they automatically put into that user group. so, I deleted that user group.

Any ideas to point me in the right direction will be appreciated. :-)
Basically this person is supposed to be a publisher but I want them to be able to change the author and add tags.

Sean Carney
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Sean Carney. Reason: hopefully improved the clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149609 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Need to gain more control over some user settings
Unfortunately these options are not there by default.
The best approach would be to have two groups of users.
One which will only create items (and not publish them) and the moderators who will have full access and they would be able to edit these items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149616 by Sean Carney
Replied by Sean Carney on topic Need to gain more control over some user settings
Thank you for your reply. That is certainly not the answer I was hoping for! Will there be more control in the next version of K2 for these types of permissions?

Sean Carney

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149627 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Need to gain more control over some user settings
Yes in v3 there will be full integration with Joomla!'s ACL.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)