Keyword

Author can't view his own unpublished item

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149686 by Steven Trooster
Author can't view his own unpublished item was created by Steven Trooster
On my site editors can post items through the frontend of the site. They can addd a new item and edit their own, but can't publish. An admin has to go to the backend of the site to review the article and publish it. For an editor it is frustrating they can't preview their full article after submitting, when it's not published yet. They only see the intro text on their page.
I can't find a setting where I can grant a user view-access to all their own articles. Am I missing something? Or do I need to hack the source of com_k2 > views > item > view.html.php (which is generally not a good idea.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149698 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item
Hello Steven,

You have to wait for v3 which brings the entire administrator area to the frontend.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149715 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item
Ok, thank you.
I hardly dare to ask: any news on the V3 release?

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #149716 by Ioannis Toutoulis
Replied by Ioannis Toutoulis on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item

Steven Trooster wrote: Ok, thank you.
I hardly dare to ask: any news on the V3 release?

I had a similar problem so i created a module to solve (not completely) this problem for my authors. Basically this module brings a number of K2 articles and shows in a table the title, category, published date, author, access level, if it is published, unpublished or pending and an edit button.

Still you are not able to see unpublished or pending articles but you can edit them through K2's classic modal window. You can give it a try and see if that works for you. There are one or two parameters in this module so check them out before publishing it.

PS: I upload it to wetransfer so it will only be kept there for 7 days.

we.tl/KBiZvv7RUE
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ioannis Toutoulis.

• Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149717 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item
Thank you Ioannis, but this won't solve my problem. Point is, the author would like to see a preview of the text. We notice that an author edits his posts a lot of times after the article is published.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149754 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item
@Ioannis Unfortunately I cannot share a date for K2 version 3.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 2 months ago #150854 by Sindre Westre
Replied by Sindre Westre on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item
Hi Ioannis,
I'd like to install the module you created. Would it be possible to upload it again?

Thanks,
Sindre

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #150878 by Krikor Boghossian
@Ioannis why not post it in Github, or the KED - getk2.org/extend/extensions - so people can find it and download it?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #150879 by Ioannis Toutoulis
Replied by Ioannis Toutoulis on topic Author can't view his own unpublished item

Krikor wrote: @Ioannis why not post it in Github, or the KED - getk2.org/extend/extensions - so people can find it and download it?

@Krikor i didn't upload it to K2 extension directory because of a bug. I have done something wrong with the Joomla or K2 Router. I created this module for a project of mine and then i tried to make it work everywhere. I wanted to solve it first but i didn't had the time these past few months. I upload it to github if you want to take a look.

github.com/johntout/mod_authorlatestarticles

Sindre Westre wrote: Hi Ioannis,
I'd like to install the module you created. Would it be possible to upload it again?

Thanks,
Sindre

No problem mate. As i mentioned above i uploaded to github. You can grab it from there. There is a bug though, so in order to make use of it read the instructions.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for. My problem was that K2 is not offering a way to see (and edit) unpublished items in frontend. So i created this module in order for my authors (that i do not want to have backend access) to see all articles. Still there is no way to see unpublished items but you can edit them from K2's classic modal window. Also you can see which articles are special or pending and articles's access levels.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ioannis Toutoulis.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #150913 by Krikor Boghossian
You can always try copying K2 Content's (module) helper.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---