Keyword

Menu item and introtext

• trogladyte
  • trogladyte's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #153731 by trogladyte
Menu item and introtext was created by trogladyte
I'm thinking the whole introtext feature is broken. It is not working like should be logically expected.

I have introtext set at 150 words in both the main parameters and in the category settings. I also have another post about tag stripping not workign as previously.

This is a new issue for me as I'm only just getting into this. On the front page, I have selected a menu item to show xx posts from xx categories in 4 columns. I set Show Introtext. Yet each post consists of the whole item. Now there's no way I expected that.

www.ckdev.info/twt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #153769 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Menu item and introtext
You can enforce a global limit using the code I sent you in my other post. Otherwise the entire introtext will show up when you choose multiple categories with different settings if you do not specify an introtext manually.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #153971 by Coyote
Replied by Coyote on topic Menu item and introtext

Krikor wrote: You can enforce a global limit using the code I sent you in my other post. Otherwise the entire introtext will show up when you choose multiple categories with different settings if you do not specify an introtext manually.

Hi,
I am having the same problem with introtext word limit. I have 2k articles imported from an old website which none have page break or readmore break so I have to use introtext word limit.
On single categories selection, when I go to the option I set the word limit and it works perfectly. But when I use multiple categories on a Menu item, there's no word limit option.
I could not find where you described how to enforce global word limit in your posts. Would you please share the code I need to add/replace and on what file.

Thank in Advance
M.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #154078 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Menu item and introtext
Sure thing.

The reply I mentioned in my earlier post is located here: www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/45430-auto-introtext-and-tag-stripping#153711

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)