Keyword

DIsable K2 User Groups?

• Florian
  • Florian's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #154002 by Florian
DIsable K2 User Groups? was created by Florian
Hi,
I would use K2 for kind of an archiv on my page. I will have more users who submit and edit articles.

I understand how to create user groups and assign the right to them, but this is not the way I want to archieve. Is it poaaible to disable K2 User groups and use the original Joomla user groups? I think the Joomla ACL is (now!!!) quite good and I use it with other extensions (forum, gallery, download component). Of course, one can say: Build the gallery and other things with K2, but for several reasons that not possible to me.
I disabled the K2 Users Profile (and use the one from the forum), but can I also disable the groups?

IMO K2 is quite great due to it's flexibility, but i think it should be possible to use Joomlas infrastructure as well. If none of my components would use the Joomla users and ACL I would have every User 4 times in data tables....

And the site has to many users (and Editors who should have it as easy as possible) that I can't do this manually...

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154060 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic DIsable K2 User Groups?
Hello,

K2's user groups cannot be disabled.
K2's user groups are used for commenting and front-end editing, for every thing else you can use Joomla!'s ACL.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Florian
More
7 years 11 months ago #154110 by Florian
Replied by Florian on topic DIsable K2 User Groups?
I understand that. But that my admin/moderator has to subsribe new users to a joomla group and a k2 group (not for every user the same).

But I modified the users plugin, so that will auto assign a user to a group when login, allthough the user profile is disabled. Than everyone gets registered and is allowed to frontend editing, but categories and menu items are restricted to joomla groups. So that works for me, but originally due to update reasons, I didn't want to change the code....

I just don't get it, that you haven't included a function to use Joomla ACL totally. I can't imagine that there aren't a lots of users who would use it, because it's more work if you have editorial staff with different rights, which are also used by other components.

Thank you, not perfect (updates...), but problem solved.

Flo

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154134 by Krikor Boghossian
Joomla!'s ACL will be used in the next major version of K2.

But I modified the users plugin, so that will auto assign a user to a group when login

There is no need to do this since you can set a default user group for both K2 and Joomla.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Florian
More
7 years 11 months ago #154273 by Florian
Replied by Florian on topic DIsable K2 User Groups?
Yes, but since I disabled the K2 user profile, the users are not assigned to the default group. So I disabled the if statement where the user profile setting is checked.

Thank you
Flo

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154346 by Krikor Boghossian
Just make sure to keep backups of this edit, so you won't lose it when you update K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---