Keyword

[SOLVED] items and categories not showing in back end 2.7

• COR Consulting
  • COR Consulting's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #154027 by COR Consulting
items and categories not showing in back end 2.7 was created by COR Consulting
same issue as someone else posted about. tried posted solutions and 2.7.1 beta but still nothing. we blog regularly on the site and in the process of redesigning. critical that we get this fixed. any new ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154048 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
Hi,
Is your site multilingual ?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• COR Consulting
More
7 years 11 months ago #154080 by COR Consulting
Replied by COR Consulting on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
no it is not multi lingual. i did try changing language to all and to en-gb but it doesn't seem to do anything. i did note that changing browser helped temporarily. i started with chrome when i lost the lists then switched to firefox and it happened again. now working in ie but i will eventually run out of browsers and this is not the answer. my client is reporting the same issue so it's not specific to my pc and i see other people with the same issue.

• Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154082 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
Did you notice any php or javascript errors ?
Can you check the console tab of your developer tools for any JS issues?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154083 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
Can you try clearing Joomla!'s cache?
When the list is lost, did you notice any change to the filters on top of the list?

Are your developer tools reporting a JS error?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• COR Consulting
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #154091 by COR Consulting
Replied by COR Consulting on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
no errors. i have cleared the caches numerous times. i tried repairing the database with admin tools, with joomla tools, in sql directly but the fact that it can work when loaded in another browser says this isn't a database issue per say. also wondering at the fact that it seems to happen over time on the new browser as well.

i checked console and no errors (see attachment) i tried the console on both a page that was broken and one that was working (using slimjet browser) and neither reports errors as per attachment. This happened after the recent update and i am running the 2.7.1 beta right now so it is also a problem in this version.

turned on error reporting to development in global config and i didn't get any errors with this turned on either.

went to extensions database and all is good here with the message: Database table structure is up to date.
Nothing appearing in discover. no problems in warnings either.

Also all the filters are at their default state and no there was no change to filters when the problem occurred. i just logged in to the site and the lists didn't load. the next time it happened in firefox i was working in the site and doing edits to content. i saved and closed on an item and when it returned me to the item list there was nothing showing. i had not done any unusual tasks. i was just formatting text headings and adding images to content.

Screenshot of page with problem (no filters) + console, no errors: imgur.com/Fog4Lvc
looking normal on slimjet shows expected content: imgur.com/W702uG8
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by COR Consulting. Reason: screenshots

• Elite Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154102 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Can you see the list of the items with the following url ?

www.holisticlifestyle.ca/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=items

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• COR Consulting
More
7 years 11 months ago #154105 by COR Consulting
no. i did notice the address link and tested that already. see screenshot
imgur.com/wH7Zjq8

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #154126 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic items and categories not showing in back end 2.7
Are you using any 3rd party extensions?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• COR Consulting
More
7 years 11 months ago #154145 by COR Consulting
i am sure i have third party extensions but nothing new that was updated other than simple image gallery pro. i don't have any extensions that modify the view of k2 in the administrator interface and only k2 is impacted. the site has components that support k2 but again this should not impact the admin interface. i have components such as acymailing and mijoshop. both are up to date and not recently updated.

the content is still there it just doesn't pull and display the list in the k2 items view and also the categories are impacted in the same way. i am not able to set the language filter so it may be related to that. i can pick all or en-gb but after selecting the option and the screen refreshes it continues to show the default filter setting unlike when you select say a category or user and when the page refreshes the filter displays your filter selection. i know there have been problems in the past with the language filter and i think the problem still lies in this area but i am uncertain how to determine that or change it.

Additionally i am able to see the latest items that are posted from the Dashboard under the latest items list. There is no language filter on this page. see screenshot: imgur.com/pnIzL87