Keyword

SOLVED - K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!

• Sarah Allen
  • Sarah Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #155781 by Sarah Allen
SOLVED - K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!! was created by Sarah Allen
Hi there,

I have come across an issue when using K2 on the Joomla site I am currently developing.
I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and K2 2.7 (updated yesterday and issue still persists from previous version ?2.6.8?).
My host runs PHP 5.6.18 on the current server I am working on (but our live server is 5.3.29, so I need to see about getting them to update it before I go live).

I have searched the forum for a resolution to my issue, but as I haven't found one yet I am going to post my question here as I have a impending deadline to have the site live by and cannot miss it!

My issue is that whenever I try to add an image using the K2 Image Tab I get the following:
If I try to add an already uploaded image or if I try to add an image using the upload feature, I get the error "Notice
The image was not uploaded. Please ensure that you used a valid image file and that file uploads are properly configured on your server."

I have gone through ALL of my category and item settings, component settings and everything I can possibly think of and can't seem to find a reason for the issue.

I've already seen this post in the forum - www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/45116-solved-image-upload-error-k2-7-and-j3-5?limitstart=0 - and have tried the solution that was suggested there, but it doesn't seem to have worked for me?

If you need access to my site to troubleshoot please let me know I can PM or Email you some details.

Any help that could be provided as soon as possible would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Sarah Allen. Reason: issue resolved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #155792 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic URGENT! K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
Hello Sarah,

Are you using any 3rd party K2 extensions?
Are your permissions correct? Correct permissions for Joomla! sites are 755 for folders and 644 for files.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sarah Allen
More
7 years 10 months ago #155831 by Sarah Allen
Replied by Sarah Allen on topic URGENT! K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
Hi Krikor,
Thanks for getting back to me!

I am using JCE as my default site editor. Other than that, there are no 3rd Party K2 extensions I can think of.

I believe my permissions are correct, yes. I haven't changed them, so there should be nothing out of the ordinary.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated!!
Thanks,
Sarah

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #155845 by Krikor Boghossian

updated yesterday and issue still persists from previous version ?2.6.8?).

This leads me to believe that something is wrong with your setup.
Try correcting your permissions and making sure that the path to the /logs and /tmp folders is correct.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Sarah Allen
More
7 years 10 months ago #155874 by Sarah Allen
Hi Krikor,
I have checked my permissions again and I've checked the path to both folders you mentioned. I've even run an Akeeba Fix Permissions.
The issue still persists.

I cannot upload files via the K2 Item Image tab, nor can I even use the 'Browse Server' tool next to the upload to insert an already uploaded file.
Both give me the same message.
"Notice
The image was not uploaded. Please ensure that you used a valid image file and that file uploads are properly configured on your server."

It's Friday here, so I won't be able to get back to you now until Monday, but I am happy to provide you with access details to the site when I get back to the office next week and you can take a look at the issue?

Thanks very much - have a great weekend!
Sarah

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #155876 by Krikor Boghossian
Sarah, have you talked to your hosting provider about this issue?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Sarah Allen
More
7 years 9 months ago #155917 by Sarah Allen
Hi Krikor,
I have not spoken to my host as yet. I have another site on the same server, with the exact same setup (i.e. Joomla version, template, extension versions etc...) and the uploads are working fine there!

So, I can do one of two things now:
1. I can contact my host and see if they can find anything in the server that could be causing the issue
OR
2. I can give you details to my site and you can log in and take a look to see if there is anything wrong?

I don't believe my host will be able to help on this one as they only take care of the server, WHM and cPanel troubleshooting and the rest is up to me.
Also, as another site with the same setup is working, I don't believe it's a server issue ( I could be wrong though), so what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Sarah

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #155927 by Krikor Boghossian
Which extensions are you using on the site that is producing the issue which are not present in your other sites?

You can start by deactivating these extensions.

Furthermore, it has happened in the past, you could have reached the limit of your available disk space.

Finally you can enable error reporting and set it to development so any potential PHP fatal errors can show up.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
7 years 9 months ago #156036 by Gary Hewitt
Replied by Gary Hewitt on topic URGENT! K2 Item Images Cannot be Added!!
I have the same issue. I turned on Development error reporting and it didn't show an error. This happens on all my sites. Before this new update 2.7, this system worked fine. After the update it stopped, so it can't be my site, nor how I have setup things. Also, I can install components without any issues so logs and temp folders all have the correct permissions. This also happens on several different servers, so it can't be that either. This is a code issue. Please fix the code. Simple Gallery Pro uploads files correctly and presents them. Since Joomla changed so much of their code it is probably something you are using through their resources and it is causing an issue.

• Sarah Allen
More
7 years 9 months ago #156042 by Sarah Allen
Hi Gary,
I have was at my wits end with this one, so I called upon the services of a website development and support company that my organisation uses from time to time for various things.

It turns out that, after their troubleshooting and testing the Item Upload was working (even though before their testing I couldn't get it to work), but the 'Browse' feature still wouldn't work. The support team then realised that because the folders I was trying to browse for images in had spaces in their names. As soon as we changed the folder names (removed the spaces) it all started working again!

My issue is resolved, and I hope (if this doesn't help you) that your issue is resolved soon!

Thanks,
Sarah