Keyword

Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file

• Open Road Productions
  • Open Road Productions's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #155918 by Open Road Productions
Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file was created by Open Road Productions
This is only happening on the front end, not the back end. This issue is killing me and someone posted a solved, but the link goes no where. I have latest and greatest of both K2 and all videos, can someone please explain why? TAo see the issue in action please check out fearlessradio.com/podcasts and select any one. Thanks in advance for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #155923 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file
Hello,

Can you send me an example of the snippet you are using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Open Road Productions
More
7 years 9 months ago #155949 by Open Road Productions
Replied by Open Road Productions on topic Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file
I believe this is what you are looking for. One detail I forgot (more than likely because when I posted I was having a nutty) is this code worked on a rackspace server, but was ported to a ec2 instance and that's when it broke. Thanks for any help you can provide.

<div class="itemToolbar">
<span class="player-header-r">
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideo') && !empty($this->item->video)): ?>
<!-- Item video -->
<a name="itemVideoAnchor" id="itemVideoAnchor"></a>

<div class="itemVideoBlock">
<?php if($this->item->videoType=='embedded'): ?>
<div class="itemVideoEmbedded">
<?php echo $this->item->video; ?>
</div>
<?php else: ?>
<span class="itemVideo"><?php echo $this->item->video; ?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideoCaption') && !empty($this->item->video_caption)): ?>
<span class="itemVideoCaption"><?php echo $this->item->video_caption; ?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideoCredits') && !empty($this->item->video_credits)): ?>
<span class="itemVideoCredits"><?php echo $this->item->video_credits; ?></span>
<?php endif; ?>

<div class="clr"></div>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #155958 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file
This looks correct, but I also need the actual snippet you use,
eg: {mp3remote}xx{/mp3remote}

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Open Road Productions
More
7 years 9 months ago #155991 by Open Road Productions
Replied by Open Road Productions on topic Allvideos plugin latest adding local URL to remote file
we do not use, or have inside K2, used the plugin like that. We set the url in the remote link in the K2 Admin.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #156012 by Krikor Boghossian
Oh I see,

Can you send me a screenshot then of the admin tab?
Just the video URL and the settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Open Road Productions
More
7 years 9 months ago #156033 by Open Road Productions
I have to say this is really frustrating. I have 3000 podcasts no one can listen to because I moved server, NOT CHANGED CODE. Worked on old server, does not work on new server. Not sure what a screen shot of my admin tool, which I have MADE NO CHANGES TO. So I'm going with if you don't have something specific with the admin tool to work at you are just wasting time.

I've seen 3 other posts that are similar in nature going back 5 years, is this that must of a mystery? One had a url that said "solution", but it goes no where. If you want to know, do your own freaking research. This is costing me views and time. You are asking level one helpdesk questions but providing zero info on how to fix this issue. Can you please point someone who knows what is going on to help me fix this? IS that even possible? Thank you.

• Open Road Productions
More
7 years 9 months ago #156034 by Open Road Productions
I have to say this is really frustrating. I have 3000 podcasts no one can listen to because I moved server, NOT CHANGED CODE. Worked on old server, does not work on new server. Not sure what a screen shot of my admin tool, which I have MADE NO CHANGES TO. So I'm going with if you don't have something specific with the admin tool to work at you are just wasting time.

I've seen 3 other posts that are similar in nature going back 5 years, is this that much of a mystery? One had a url that said "solution", but it goes no where. If you want to know, do your own freaking research. This is costing me views and time. You are asking level one helpdesk questions but providing zero info on how to fix this issue. Can you please point someone who knows what is going on to help me fix this? IS that even possible? Thank you.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #156055 by Krikor Boghossian
Do I have to guess how the mp3's are being entered.
I have to also guess your server setup the current one and the previous AND be on call 24/7 to provide free support on a site you are making money on.

Anyway I really do not appreciate your tone. I you wish to behave like this, please hire another developer to get this fixed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Open Road Productions
More
7 years 9 months ago #156092 by Open Road Productions
Seriously dude, you didn't ask how they where getting entered or info on my server, you asked for a screenshot. Why not ask the questions for the info you needed vs a 4 days of level one questions. Here's the info you

example working url
s3.amazonaws.com/fearlessradio/DeerParkAvenueUPDATED.mp3

what you code is returning
www.fearlessradio.com/https://s3.amazonaws.com/fearlessradio/DeerParkAvenueUPDATED.mp3

our mp3's were previously hosted by rackspace, now amazon. Our server is an ubuntu 14.04 ec2 instance and otherwise everything else is preforming as expected. Not sure how any of this info pertains to code adding the local url to the front of the remote link

We have since we started using this software 5 years ago, in the remote "paste remote media URL" text field in the media tab and NEVER had this problem before, even after moving to a new server. As I stated before there are past forum posts according to the Google index that HAD an answer, but they are not viewable.

Any other info you need to provide a reasonable idea of what is happening here?