Keyword

K2 Article Images missing after server transfer

More
7 years 1 month ago #161009 by Andre
Hi all,

I've just downloaded the K2 Tabs from my database. I pasted in the new database. the media & images folders are also on new space.

Import was sucessful. Just all all article images are missing in the articles.

What can I do?

Thank you all in advance.

Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 1 month ago #161018 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Article Images missing after server transfer
Can you find these images in the appropriate folders using your FTP client?

Furthermore make sure that the file/folder permissions are correct.
For any Joomla! site they should be 644/755.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #161957 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic K2 Article Images missing after server transfer
I'm also dealing with this issue. I copied my website to a new server using Akeeba Backup, but I had too many images for their backup file, so I did the site transfer without images, first, and uploaded them via FTP later. This has resulted in 600+ items losing their images. I've just downloaded the K2 Items database table and see that there's no column for storing the paths of item images.

I suppose I should've done the first two steps in the opposite order: first copy the images and then restore the site, but it seems like it would be very handy to have the images file paths stored in the database to avoid this kind of trouble as well as maintaining a complete data record. How are the items associated with their images if there's no reference in the database?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #161965 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Article Images missing after server transfer
K2 uses file_exists() so make sure that you have moved the folders in the exact place and that the image has the correct permissions and user/group ownership.

Sometimes FTPing can result into issues like this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 10 months ago #162561 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic K2 Article Images missing after server transfer
This method of not storing image paths is problematic for data management. Is there a way to generate/export a list of all the images associated with K2 items? I assume not, because K2 uses its "asset" version of the original image rather than the original image. I've exported a spreadsheet of all my k2 items, but now I have to manually re-associate 600+ images because K2 doesn't record the original association. Is that data stored anywhere?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #162571 by Krikor Boghossian
You can try the K2 Import/ Export extension. but I would advise to run a permissions script before doing anything.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---