Keyword

[Solved]K2 language not working

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #162930 by max
Replied by max on topic [Solved]K2 language not working
If I did not understand, I had the same problem and solved it by correcting some apathetic errors in the Italian translation

K2_CATEGORY_ADDED_IN_THE_LIST="La categoria \\"_QQ_"CATEGORY_NAME_HERE"_QQ\\" è già nella lista."

K2_CATEGORY_ADDED_IN_THE_LIST="La categoria \\"_QQ_"CATEGORY_NAME_HERE"_QQ_\\" è già nella lista."
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by max.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #162949 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic [Solved]K2 language not working
Max, I really appreciate your feedback :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #169544 by Gianluca
Replied by Gianluca on topic [Solved]K2 language not working
Sorry for replying to this old thread but there are still problems with Italan translations. It's not working because of some text errore like this:

K2_CATEGORY_ADDED_IN_THE_LIST="La categoria \\"_QQ_"CATEGORY_NAME_HERE"_QQ\\" è già nella lista."

I don't know how it should be, just fixed my website removing all the "\\" in the ini file. If you can give me the correct format i will correct it in the transifex.
Thank you

EDIT: also, in the K2 download area, there are both "italian" and "italian (Italy)". Only the second one works because it has the corret tag it-IT, the first one with only "it" just don't work.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gianluca.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169546 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic [Solved]K2 language not working
These teams were probably requested a long time ago. If you can take up on it-IT I can remove the other team. And of course, if you directly edit the language files on Transifex they are published on getk2.org after about an hour.

In any case, the use of _QQ_ is deprecated. Compare the strings with their English equivalents.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Uzi
  • Uzi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #170282 by Uzi
Replied by Uzi on topic [Solved]K2 language not working
Okay, this problem is back for me. After updating to the newest Joomla version 3.9 the core hack doesn't work anymore because the Language.php file works different now. I'm talking about hte core hack from Krikor:

$strings = @parse_ini_file($fileName, true, INI_SCANNER_RAW);

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have installed the K2 pack, and the Dutch language pack in Joomla but it doesn't change the language in the K2 component. The previous hack from Krikor worked very well but unfortunately that does not work anymore.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170294 by JoomlaWorks
You don't need any hacks. Just make sure that your language strings properly escape quotes. If a string is THIS="That", either use ' inside the string value or if you want to use " simply escape it with \".

---

• Uzi
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #170296 by Uzi
I don't know if you understand but the language files i have installed from the official source. For some strange reason the K2 component does not gets translated. So the core hack which Krikor provided earlier in this topic fixed that issue. It's not the translation files its fault, i don't know why it happens. Can you just provide an hack to make this work again?

More
5 years 5 months ago #170314 by JoomlaWorks
There is no bug in the language packs or K2. Setup a demo site with just K2 and the language packs you want. Make sure you also have the related language packs for Joomla as well. Does the issue still occur for you?

---

• Uzi
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #170346 by Uzi
Yes this issue still occurs. I don't know why it is but that hack solved my problem. I'm asking if you or someone else has another hack to make it work again?

More
5 years 5 months ago #170352 by JoomlaWorks
That was never a hack, it was a weird way to not use escaped double quotes, that's all. Like I said, try to reproduce the errors on a new Joomla site with K2.

---