Keyword

K2 Tags are not working

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #163539 by hudja
K2 Tags are not working was created by hudja
Hello,

I have the following problem - the majority of my tag links are not working and displaying blank pages. Only a couple of most frequent tags are displaying correct outputs. Tags are not working in both K2 Tools tag cloud and articles. The problem persist in joomla 3.7.4 and 3.7.5 and K2 2.8.0 and the latest 2.7.x version. I tried to turn off all possible plugins and modules - it does not help. I changed between basic protostar and yootheme everest templates - does not help. The problem is present with both enabled and disabled SEO-friendly urls in the site configuration, and both disabled and enabled 'advanced SEF for K2 URLs'. I also have tags defined in Metadata for Categories and Menus. I cleaned this meta for one category and menu, to see if it makes any difference - it is not.

I made my site on localhost (with SEO-friendly urls turned OFF) and deployed it to server using akeeba. Surprisingly, everything is working as it should on localhost, but not remotely. I played with akeeba settings and restored multiple times without luck. I am restoring into empty directory and sql database, so there should be no problems with preexisting files. Also, one of my test-uploads worked properly, and I cannot recall any significant changes since then! I have no idea how to fix it, can you please give me some help?

PS. I recall that I had a strange glitch on my localhost during development - I was not able to add tags, there were not autocompleting, but after restarting browser all was back to normal.

The site is test.freediving.ee
There is a tag cloud on the bottom left. I am displaying only top 5 tags. Out of them, only Подводная Охота and Видео work, others are not working. The total number of tags on the site is around 90. The problem exists with both english and russian tags.

I will be very grateful if you can help me, I do not really want to repeat the development from scratch and add again all my articles. Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by hudja.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #163540 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Tags are not working
Looking at your question im sure you must have an item with the tag Норвегия assigned to it.
I have been working with tags lately and will set up a tag cloud with 3.7.5 and 2.8 and see what happens later in the day

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #163541 by hudja
Replied by hudja on topic K2 Tags are not working

william white wrote: Looking at your question im sure you must have an item with the tag Норвегия assigned to it.
I have been working with tags lately and will set up a tag cloud with 3.7.5 and 2.8 and see what happens later in the day

Thank you for the quick response!
Yes, absolutely. Norway (Норвегия) is the third most frequent one - 29 items. Please try to hit Норвегия here
test.freediving.ee/index.php/video/71-ryazantsev

See figure attached, I also highlighted the Menu how to get to this page.
imgur.com/3LNuZzA

In fact, the problem is not only with tag cloud, but with all К2 tags in general. I think even those tags, which are displaying some results, are not displaying all of them. I can provide access to backend, it is all in English there :)

PS. I suspect it has something to do with tag frequency. I just removed some articles and Норвегия is now displaying properly (it became more frequent tag), but two last ones - Статьи and Фридайвинг - are still missing.

PPS. And I am not getting any error messages with Maximum report setting.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163556 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Tags are not working
Are the same tags working when SEF are off (on your live site)?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #163561 by hudja
No, SEF status does not affect tags, they do not work in both SEF/SEO on and off cases.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #163563 by hudja
Hi, I found the problem.

System / Control Panel / K2 Parameters / Layout & view options for tag listings

if set to Default - causing the problem. Setting to Most Recent First resolves it.
I tested with both SEO enabled and disabled and all tags in both tag cloud and articles seems working properly now!

Once again Default option worked perfectly on localhost, but not on remote server.

Thank you for your input!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163588 by Krikor Boghossian
I 'm happy that you got it sorted.
Just out of curiosity can you share your system's info?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 8 months ago #163602 by hudja
Sure, here is the dropbox link to exported system info in text format

www.dropbox.com/s/aveeq6isj7xarxl/systeminfo-2017-08-24T03_04_34%2B03_00.txt?dl=0

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #163621 by Krikor Boghossian
I will try to recreate the issue since this is really odd.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---