Keyword

menu item link to latest article of a category

• Slartibartfast
  • Slartibartfast's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #163611 by Slartibartfast
menu item link to latest article of a category was created by Slartibartfast
Hi all,

i have this strange problem which i am stuck with and i really need some help if you please

a client of mine has a website.
lets say that this website has 3 categories of articles.
Category A
Category B
Category C

he wanted 2 things:
1. Home page shows the latest Category A article, ONLY! (full article)
2. item menus "Category B" and "Category C" link to a page with the latest Category B and Category C article, ONLY! (respectively) (full article)
in short, he actually asked to completely override all item category pages

So what i have done til now is show only one leading (full) article in the category item page and nothing else. the result is the desired -by the client - one, but the category page and the article page are identical.

Now he wants to see (and publish) the exact hits every k2 item has.
As you can probably understand most visitors do not reach the item (article) page since they can read it from the category page....!!! to be exact, others do and others don't, so the hit count is not showing the real numbers

The only solution i could think - but i have no idea how to do it although i tried - is to link the menu items straight to the latest category item page.

Does anyone have any idea how to do such thing. or better yet a more suitable solution to the problem in case i have taken the wrong path from the beginning?

thank you all in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163620 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic menu item link to latest article of a category
Hello,

I think you should manually link the menu items. I do not really see any benefits in altering K2's functionality this way.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.