Keyword

backend access for item editing only

More
6 years 7 months ago #164034 by Marco
Hi.
i would like to grant access to specific users to the k2 backend only for managing (edit/delete/publish) k2 items. I defined the desired grants in k2 group, linked the users to the k2 group and in ACL granted the users to access to K2 component, to create/edit/delete/modify state/modify own.
Unfortunately I do not know how to limit the access to k2 component only for managing items. I don't want that the users can access to categories, users, groups. Can someone help me setting the right permissions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #164043 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic backend access for item editing only
Hello,

Unfortunately if the user can edit items, they will be able to edit categories as well.
You can use frontend editing, or you can look at the JED for an extension which offers this functionality.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 7 months ago #164050 by Marco
Replied by Marco on topic backend access for item editing only
Hello Krikor,

My users create k2 articles using Simple Image Gallery Pro and I have already galleries created on backend that should be reused in the articles. That's why I was forced to authorize them to the k2 backend. Otherwise, if they work only on frontend, they can't manage backend galleries.

I looked at all the existing JED k2 extensions, but none does what I need. Do you know if there is an extension that could operate on k2 backend authorization levels for limiting k2 editor users in order to lock accessibility to other user profiles?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #164058 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic backend access for item editing only
Unfortunately no, altough in Joomla! you can build new ACL rules and have a custom menu where the links towards other K2 views are not available.

This does not require a 3rd party extension and you can find great how-to tutorials.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)