Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

PLEASE HELP! Gallery Thumbnails Blank - Cache is writeable!

• Sarah Allen
  • Sarah Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #54864 by Sarah Allen
Hi everyone,
I've just downloaded the latest Simple Image Gallery Pro and have started to set up my galleries only to find that the thumbnails are not showing up at all!
Yes - I've read the Troubleshooting on this issue and have taken a look at my Cache directory permissions - it's writeable. I also accessed the site via FTP and there are files for jw_sigpro in the cache folder.

The page I am having an issue with is -  122.201.103.239/~civic4/index.php/en/culture/photo-gallery/how-to-build-a-kiln#prettyPhoto

I would appreciate some help on this one as I'm on a major deadline!
Thanks in advance!!
Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefanos
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #54865 by Stefanos
Hi,

please open a ticket to www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard to resolve this issue.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134279 by Nigel Turner
Hi Did you get a resolve for this, i am n the same situation anad have opened a ticket but as yet no response. i too need this up and running asap

More
9 years 4 months ago #134294 by JoomlaWorks
Our support team is available only on weekdays.

In any case, if the cache directory is writable but you see blank thumbnails, the problem is most probably related to file owner permissions. In other words, the cache folder may indicate "writable" in Joomla, but no Joomla plugin or other extension can actually write to it.

In this case, if you don't control the server yourself (e.g. your site is on some shared hosting plan), ask your hosting company to repair "owner permissions" for your entire site. This will solve the issue. But if the issue persists in the future (when you install other extensions), you need to ask them to do this again. If this indeed happens, then you should switch hosting companies because this clearly indicates that hosting company has no idea how to properly setup a server for any PHP based application (like Joomla).

As a sidenote, if your hosting company is Rochen, check that they are not blocking writing to the cache folder (i know they enforced this on all Joomla sites a year ago or so).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #134297 by Nigel Turner
I own a reseller account for my hosting and have used it for years, there is no problem with the file permissions.The cache is being accessed by Joomla for other components etc. I did at one point get a sigpro folder appear in my cache but nothing in it and then it disappeared

My other issue is that the gallery images do not print which is one of the main reasons i bought the component / Plugin.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, i know my way around php etc to a certain level but this one is alluding me.
NIgel

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142329 by Yaani-Mai Gaddy
If you use Admintools check this post. It worked for me.
www.akeebabackup.com/support/admin-tools/9647-no-thumbnails.html