Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Flickr albums not shown

• quebone
  • quebone's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #55800 by quebone
Flickr albums not shown was created by quebone
Hi

Today I was aware that my flickr albums are not shown anymore, although I changed nothing in my web.
Jwsigpro version is 2.5.7.
My website is esclatgospelsingers.com/index.php/fotos.html
Any ideas?

Thks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #55802 by vespaio
Replied by vespaio on topic Flickr albums not shown
exactly the same situation for my sites... it just appears the tag, no chance to upload the photos anymore.
are flickr closing up the APIs?
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by vespaio.

More
9 years 9 months ago #55804 by vespaio
just to note that even the JW's demo site (demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro) isn't displaying galleries from Flickr anymore.
I tried to delete/recreate the app on Flickr also (refreshing the key for SigPRO plug-in on my Joomla installation of course), but it didn't help.

If someone has a clue it will be appreciated.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #55806 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Flickr albums not shown
Flickr is no longer allowing http:// for its links.
You should use https:// instead.

Please note that official support for commercial extensions is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.

If your issue is not resolved please open a ticket (active subscription needed) so I we can solve this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #55812 by vespaio
Thanks Krikor for your answer, but unfortunately it didn't help, just because if I try to swap http:// with https:// SigPRO is not able to gather the gallery from Flickr. This is the error message when I apply the settings:
"There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder."
I do not get the error message when I apply same settings with http://, so it seems that it is still able to access the photoset.
For sure they changed something on Flickr side, because it worked till yesterday evening!

Unfortunately I do not have a running subscription, hope someone who has been able to pinpoint could help, otherwise I'm going to move the entire photo album locally, which is gonna be a real pain in the @$$.

Thanks again.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 9 months ago #55816 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Flickr albums not shown
An update will be released in the coming days that offers a solution to that issue.

However an active subscription is needed to continue receiving updates.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #55818 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Flickr albums not shown
Hi guys,

Ahhhhh!!! Same problems across all of the websites I've build with Simple Image Gallery Pro! Please dev team get this sorted and a new release ASAP on the download area, I understand Flickr have changed and stopped all connections to the API from today unless is SSL / HTTPS.

As others have pointed out, unfortunately I tried to modify the flickr.source.js and flick.js in the module files to add the "s" to the API call api.flickr.com/services/rest/ but it doesn't fix the problems, we need you guys to fix and recompile the add-on to work.

Please action as high priority for us. Many thanks!

p.s. Keep up the good work, it's a brilliant add-on and the Flickr integration is absolutely brilliant :)

More
9 years 9 months ago #55821 by Anna Petyaeva
Replied by Anna Petyaeva on topic Flickr albums not shown
Waiting for the solution!

More
9 years 9 months ago #55822 by Pedro González
Replied by Pedro González on topic Flickr albums not shown
Me too!

More
9 years 9 months ago #55824 by 4Bweb
Replied by 4Bweb on topic Flickr albums not shown
Me too!
You already know about this, i've opened a ticket 1 month ago (when the new API keys announced the end of the old and the closed date) and you haven't done anything. I hope you can solve soon now.!

It was the 14th of May 2014 and you wrote me:

It seems that something is going on with the new API keys. Try to use the following API key : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX . We will release an update to fix that. Afterwards you will be able to use your own API key again.

I think you are a great community, but yesterday I opened a ticket and you clesed it without answer. It's very sad.