Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Image Moderation? Charity website work.

More
9 years 6 months ago #56514 by Lisa
Hi all, I am setting up the simple image gallery on an old version of Joomla 1.5, on behalf of a local charity. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible to moderate the images that are posted to the gallery before they are published?

The charity needs to allow users to upload their artwork to the website, but would need to moderate each image before it is published.

If anyone can answer this that would be great :)

Thanks so much for any help you can offer.
Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #56518 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Image Moderation? Charity website work.
Hi. This depends on the extension you are using to display the galleries. For example if you are using K2 or the native Joomla! articles you can allow users to create items ( or articles ) but not publish them. Then the administrator can approve those items ( or articles ). In any case this concerns the whole gallery and not just new images to an existing gallery.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #56519 by Lisa
Replied by Lisa on topic Image Moderation? Charity website work.
Hi there, thanks for taking time to reply.
Im not too familiar with Joomla, but they were using something called Community Builder to allow people to upload/register I think? Anyway, I will probably add on K2 and use that. It's a bit of a learning curve as I usually use Drupal.

Ive put a link to a screenshot of the components that are on the site - if you could identify which one would be the extension that allows us to display the galleries, that would be so great.
i.imgur.com/HwuWBur.jpg
Thanks again
Lisa

More
9 years 6 months ago #56527 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Image Moderation? Charity website work.
I cannot do this by just looking at a screenshot. I need a link to the page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)